My mom had a stroke on Christmas day
    JimDirt

My mom had a stroke on Christmas day

by JimDirt » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:36 pm

Been at St Als hospital in Boise with my mom since Christmas day, she had just finished eating and went to the bathroom and came back to sit down and watch T.V. again, and she had the stroke, I am going to go home sometime tomorrow and clean up and then come back ,,, She is 94, but you would think she is 70 , but she had a heart attack about 6 months ago , and now this happened , it was on the left side of the brain, so it affected her speech and the ability to swallow, hopefully they will put in the feeding tube Wednesday, it was supposed to be today but the holiday made that not happen... anyways sorry for the long post without paragraphs but I am on my phone
    Last edited by JimDirt on Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    02 CRF450R
    06 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho
  • Aussiecrf230

Re: My mom had a stroke on Christmas day

by Aussiecrf230 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:45 pm

G'day Jim,
    Hope things get sorted out.
    They can do a lot when people have a stroke as long as you can get them to hospital soon enough.
    Best wishes for your mother and a speedy recovery.

My wifes mother passed away very early boxing day, was expected after long battle with alzeihmers.
    We know how you are feeling mate.
    Ray
    Australia

CRF230F 2004
    C30F Power Up needle
    Mains 132
    Idle 45
    2 turns out
    Baffle out, Screens In

It starts,it runs,it gets to where all CRFs can get to without the valve or valve plate dramas
  • Back2-2

by Back2-2 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:48 am

Jim, sorry to hear the news. I was in your shoes a year ago with my 94 year old mom. I swear we were twins from parallel universes.
    My mom recovered fully and I am hoping your mom the same results! Hang tough - you and mom. Wishing the best.

Take care,
    Neil
    Neil
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Life without Motorcycles would just be boring, really boring
    JimDirt

by JimDirt » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:52 am

Just a update on my mom , things have declined over the last few days , she has developed the flu and pneumonia , they loaded her up with antibiotics , but at some point in the last few days she had a brain bleed , and is now unable to swallow or talk , along with she is less and less responsive

So as a family , we decided that it would be best to let her go in peace , as she would not want to be dependent on caregivers , and she had said that to us before , so they removed all of the IV s and stopped the feeding tube in her stomach , so at this point she has a few days at best , so the goal changed from getting her to recover , to making sure she is not in pain

So one of my sister's and my sister in law and I will stay here with her till the end , I have been staying with her here at the hospital since Christmas day , because I want to be here for her and just can't get myself to leave her alone .......
    02 CRF450R
    06 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho
  • Aussiecrf230

by Aussiecrf230 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:49 pm

Hi Jim,
    Sad time indeed and spending the time is the best for all.
    Strangely enough when some of our family's older relatives have passed over the last 10 years, it seemed as though they waited till we had to get something to eat/drink or go to the toilet. It was almost like they didn't what to cause any distress and so they could peacefully go.

Heart goes out to you and your family.
    Ray
    Australia

CRF230F 2004
    C30F Power Up needle
    Mains 132
    Idle 45
    2 turns out
    Baffle out, Screens In

It starts,it runs,it gets to where all CRFs can get to without the valve or valve plate dramas
  • Back2-2

by Back2-2 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:01 pm

Jim, I am so sorry it did not work out and she could recover. Very sad for you and her...

Think of it this way - both of our mom's are 94 years old . Born in 1924 - that's a long time and a lot of history. They have seen and lived through WWII, Depression years, 9/11 and endless changes in the industrial and technology revolutions . They have seen so much it's incredible. Let her go knowing that she has do it all and then some.

So sorry Jim, hang tough brother.
    Neil
    Scottsdale, AZ
    JimDirt

by JimDirt » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:32 pm

Hi guys , thanks for the well wishes .... Unfortunately at 1pm today , my mom died , she fought hard , but everything kept stacking against her , in the end I was holding her hand as she took her last breath , I only hope she was in no pain , and that she died knowing I loved her with all my heart .... It is hard to believe this woman in the picture was 94 , I took this picture on this past Thanksgiving

2/25/1924 ---- 1/6/2019
    02 CRF450R
    06 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho
  • Aussiecrf230

by Aussiecrf230 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:01 pm

Condolences Jim to you and your family from me and my family.
    A friend of my daughter lost her grandmother on Christmas Day as well as my wife's mother on boxing day.
    So, probably not the greatest festive season this year.

They are probably all together, bragging about us now over a cuppa.

Grieve for now, but Keep living your life, as it is their children and their memories that give or older generations true immortality.
    Ray
    Australia

CRF230F 2004
    C30F Power Up needle
    Mains 132
    Idle 45
    2 turns out
    Baffle out, Screens In

• Back2-2

by Back2-2 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:16 am

So sorry for your loss Jim. Very sad.

May Mom rest in piece after a long and wonderful life.
    Neil
    Scottsdale, AZ