Crf 450 wheels
  • Tunster

Crf 450 wheels

by Tunster » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:52 pm

Can anyone tell me if the rear wheel,spindle and spacers from a 2015 crf 450 will fit the 2017?
    Ive been told they are slightly different. I have a spare set for my 15 and i also have the 17 and wondered if i can use them on there if needed? I know the front will swap its the rear im bothered about.
    Thanks in advance.
    JimDirt

Re: Crf 450 wheels

by JimDirt » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:15 am

I believe the 17 has a narrower hub (the hub shows the last 3 part numbers are different between the 15 and 17) , the axle and spacers are listed as being the same part number for both years so they should swap , the only other contributing factor would be offset , I know for some years there was a adapter to make the sprocket align with earlier years , the 15 and 17 have slightly different swingarm part numbers (last 3 part numbers) , so the swingarm "could" be different in fitment or it could just be the linkage mount that is different , as i am not sure what changes were made to the swingarm between those years ..... sorry couldn't positively answer your question , i guess what you could try is go to your Honda dealer with a tape , and measure the hub and width of the swingarm at the axle , as i just looked up the part numbers , so i would guess the only issue could be the hub width , but since the spacers are the same , i am going to guess they will swap , but if you measure everything and compare it to the measurements on your 15 , that would give you positive data as to fitment

I would measure
    Swingarm width at the axle blocks
    Sprocket distance from left side of swingarm , and rotor distance from right side of swingarm (to confirm front sprocket and caliper and rotor will all align)
    Hub width

Match those to your measurements and you should find the answer 8-[
    02 CRF450R
    06 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho
  • Tunster

by Tunster » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:19 am

Thanks jimdirt for the reply. Sorry ive not been on for a while,life is a little hectic at the mo.
    Anyway heres where I’m at.
    Today i have removed the 2017 standard wheels. I have fitted the 17 spacers and spindle directly into the spare 2015 wheels and have fitted to the bike with no visible signs that they should not work.
    However the reason i have done this is because the 15 wheels are fitted with road legal tyres for here in the UK and i am having the vehicle inspected this week by the DVLA so i can get a registration document for the bike. Until i can confirm i will not be using the wheels its purely to get the document. Bikes here in the UK are cheaper to insure with a log book than without.
    So if anyone else has any info i would be interested to hear your views and/or experiences.
    JimDirt

by JimDirt » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:37 pm

I would look closely at the chain alignment , if its good and not looking like its dragging off to the side , then there should not be any issues , but since your removing them again anyway , i guess its not a issue long term ....glad they worked out so you could get it registered .... \:D/
    02 CRF450R
    06 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho