crf 250 carb settings.
  • myers34

crf 250 carb settings.

by myers34 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:14 am

Hello all,

I'm new here but was hoping somebody could help.

I have an 08 crf250r. It's been a pig to start since I got it. I was playing with the idle screw and it cut out, and hasn't started since.

I don't have a manual and can't find on Google, the standard settings for the idle and the air screw.

Which way do I need to turn the idle screw to make it zero (clockwise/anti). And what would you recommend as a good position to start from?

And same with the air screw?

All help greatly appreciated!

Zach
    riddler9

by riddler9 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:14 am

Turning the idle screw counter clockwise turns the idle down. As for zeroing it out, back the adjuster out, pull the throttle cable cover from the carb (black cover on right side of carb where the cables go in). You will see where the idle adjuster screw hit the cam. Back the idle adjuster out until it is off the cam, then turn it in until it just touches it.

Jetting and fuel screw settings can be found here:
    http://www.crfsonly.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13470

You should also consider cleaning rebuilding the carb. Step-by-step instructions can be found here:
    http://www.dirtrider.com/features/protips/141_0707_keihin_fcr_carb_rebuild/

If you have not already done so, check your valves as well. Hard cold starting is an indication of tight intake(s).
    Official Lurker

• myers34

by myers34 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:51 am

I've just had new valves installed. It was difficult before as well.

I had turned it clockwise. I'll turn it all the way clockwise and then try again from there. Cheers x