CRF250L Brake Light Not Activating
  • nurms22

CRF250L Brake Light Not Activating

by nurms22 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:26 pm

Hello, I have a 2015 crf250l with 3k km on it, I recently installed a tail tidy with the stock turning signals and everything worked fine until yesterday I noticed that only my front brake lever was activating the brake light. Then this morning when I went to fix the issue with my rear brake light not activating the light, I noticed that my front brake lever wasn't activating the brake light either.

Running lights and turn signals are still working fine but it just doesn't shine brighter when I press either of my brakes. I double checked my wiring and all the connections are good, I did wash the bike yesterday too so I'm worried something may have gotten wet and shorted? but I checked all the fuses and nothing seems to be blown.

Please help I am completely lost and have no idea what could be causing this issue.

Thanks!
    JimDirt

Re: CRF250L Brake Light Not Activating

by JimDirt » Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:10 pm

Welcome to the site !! \:D/

I am wondering if one of the connections is wet and shorting ..... have you unplugged ALL the connections and blown air thru all of them ??? , if you are certain the wiring is correct , and that the switches themselves are functioning correctly , the water would be my first guess ....... If you have a Ohms meter , try checking the continuity of each switch , when you pull the lever it should have a complete circuit , when the lever (front or rear) is not pushed there should be no connection .. try wiggling the switch or lever while checking to make sure it is not a intermittent connection issue ..... Those would be the first places to eliminate the switches and connections ... after that , check the grounds and make sure they are all tight , then you will have to check the LED's themselves and make sure they are working with a separate power source (check tail and brake terminals) as it is possible the LED went bad ... :-k
    2020 CRF450R
    2006 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho
  • 2wheelsandsunsets

Re: CRF250L Brake Light Not Activating

by 2wheelsandsunsets » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:41 pm

I also put a tail tidy on mine and had a similar issue. What i found was that the spring connecting the rear brake lever to the sensor thing wasn't taut enough to make the electrical circuit acknowledge that the pedal was actually being depressed. So i had to adjust that and it's been working ever since.