Luggage Rack for spare fuel
  • HaggusMapimus

Luggage Rack for spare fuel

by HaggusMapimus » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:26 pm

Looking to get a rack for spare fuel put on teh back of my CRF 250L. I would like any suggestions on specific products and what all parts i will need. Ive been looking at this rack (
    which says its rotopax ready. If i were to go that route and get the rotopax attachment, does it come with hardware to attach? Any suggestions are appreciated.
    JimDirt

Re: Luggage Rack for spare fuel

by JimDirt » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:34 pm

Welcome to the site !! \:D/

That rack should be fine if it says it will work with it ... but any of the racks could be adapted to work with the can and mount .... I am not sure how the mount comes , but I would guess it would have some hardware/bolts with it , but either way you should be able to figure out how to mount up the RotoPax mount onto pretty much any rack , it may need some large washers , or such to make it sturdy .....

I use a Pro Moto Billet Rack along with a Kolpin can , which looks almost exactly like the RotoPax can , I just use bungie cords to hold it in place and it works fine , and I do some technical single track stuff and it has never come off , but the mount would definitely hold it in place

If you have the mechanical ability to install the rack , you should not have a issue figuring out how to mount the can mount to it ....

Since I have not bought a rack mount kit , I do not know what comes with it , but when you go to buy the mount , just read the description and it should say what it actually comes with .... at worst you may have to go to a hardware store and get a few stove bolts or something , which it looks like the mount is set up for , that way there are no sharp bumpy edges to rub on the can when mounted ....

Stove Bolt

in searching around
    It looks to me that the mount kit comes with the bolts , will the bolts fit that rack , can't say , but at worst it is a trip to the hardware store to get a longer set of bolts or maybe larger washers ... , but it does use Stove Bolts
    2020 CRF450R
    2006 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho