Seat Height 2019 CRF250l Rally?
  • Travisg03

Seat Height 2019 CRF250l Rally?

by Travisg03 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:37 am

I am new to dirt bikes but have been riding cruisers for years. Being 5 foot 7 inches the rally is way tall 35.2 inches. There is no issues on the road but when getting into more difficult single track it has been a challenge.

How tall are my fellow riders? do you have any issues?

Will a link and a shaved seat lower the bike too much? (I will probably just try the seat first.)

BTW changing the the sprockets to gear it down has made a world of a difference. Huge improvement. I like riding my dual sport better then any cruiser it is just more fun.
    JimDirt

Re: Seat Height 2019 CRF250l Rally?

by JimDirt » Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:01 am

Welcome to the site !! \:D/

The main concern is are you comfortable on it ?? .... you could have the suspension lowered , what they do is install limiters that restrict the upwards movement , this will lower the bike even more ...... I am 5'9" and I struggled a lot on tight single track with my 06 450X .... what I ended up doing was shaving the seat and installing a Kouba Link ... the link gave me 1-3/4" drop and the seat another 1-1/4" , it made a huge difference in being able to touch on uneven ground ....

On a related note , I just bought a 2020 CRF450R it has a 37" seat height , when I am on the track I have to find a hole to put the bike in , to get on it ... mainly because I have a lot of Arthritis in my hips ,and I can't lift my leg high enough on flat ground to get it over the fender/seat , when stopped when I first get on it , I use my bike lift stand as a step to get on it ..... so I feel your pain ..... it seems all the bikes anymore were made for guys around 6 ft. ......... :?
    2020 CRF450R
    2006 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho