Starving for fuel /or electrical issues
  • Neitzertjohn

Starving for fuel /or electrical issues

by Neitzertjohn » Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:55 pm

Looking for someone with the best diagnosis abilities.

2016 crf 250l 5k mikes,
    Fmf muffler
    Ejk programmer

I ran into the reason i think i got the good deal. After starting the bike and running it around for approximately 20 on the blacktop road the bike started to sputter at no real given speed backfired a couple times as well and would die. However it would start back up. I noticed that if i didnt touch the throttle it would start and idle with some slightly irradical idle like a miss almost , but if you crowded it it would die . But still it would start back up. Walked away for a few hours and again after 20 or so of riding it would do it again.

So here is what i did pulled the seat and side covers and tank and did a look over at previous owners work and checked each connection all looked to be snug except positive cable to which i did tighten it up. So i took the next step in my mind that was to disconnect the ejk programmer and hooked up the factory connections re-installed the fuel tank . Results were the same. So disassembled tank again re-installed ejk programmer and tank again .
    Now after doing this i also watched the Programmer . Initial start up after all this the lights on Ejk strolled back and fourth on start up and settled in at the first three lights remaining on and bouncing back and fourth between 1 light and three lights at a idle. However at higher rpm they would go from green to red at times this could be normal function as im unfamiliar with this product. Which leads me to asking those with better understanding of what could be going on. Would love to hear back from you folks that are good at diagnosing such issues !!