Does anybody know?
  • Wracer

Does anybody know?

by Wracer » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:40 pm

I have a 2004 crf250x.
    Is it possible to put a flywheel, stator, and cdi from a 2006 crf250r, in my bike, will it fit, and will the bike run?
  • Back2-2

Re: Does anybody know?

by Back2-2 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:26 am

Since no one here has evidently tried it - I guess you will get to be the first to try it. It sounds like a long shot. The fly wheel has to be the same shaft size and key style. The wiring on the X most likely will not interact directly with the R wiring without cutting into and splicing wires. IF the parts all fit and the wiring was sorted out there is no reason it would not work - But i do not think you are going to be able to achieve that without also using the R wiring harness. It sure seems like a lot of work over just getting a used CDI / Ignition module off ebay or CL. Possibly do a plea for help on your local CL or Honda shop to just barrow a Ign unit to trouble shoot.
    Neil
    Black Hills of SD
    Life without Motorcycles would just be boring, really boring
    Honda 450X. Yamaha Tracer GT900. HD Fat Boy. Triumph Bonneville. Yamaha Majesty 400. Yamaha Grizzly. Yamaha Wolverine. Yamaha TW200
  • Wracer

by Wracer » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:58 am

Well I can’t find one anywhere. And I doubt the Honda shop will let me borrow a cdi.
  • Back2-2

by Back2-2 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:19 am

None on ebay or your local cycle junk yards or on Craig's list ? You must live in a really small town. Honda shops usually have take off parts they acquire and use for trouble shooting. I have bought lots of used parts from dealerships over the years. Before ebay, dealer take-offs and junk yards or private parties where the only places to go for used parts.
    Neil
    Black Hills of SD
    Life without Motorcycles would just be boring, really boring
    Honda 450X. Yamaha Tracer GT900. HD Fat Boy. Triumph Bonneville. Yamaha Majesty 400. Yamaha Grizzly. Yamaha Wolverine. Yamaha TW200
  • Wracer

by Wracer » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:59 pm

None on eBay.
    Called the junkyard, there’s none around.
    Checked every classified I could find, and still nothing. ](*,)
  • Aussiecrf230

by Aussiecrf230 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:40 pm

Sometimes you have to wait or buy new.
    The trouble with second hand is it might be as good as you have already got.

If you dealer does have one to test with, then take the bike to the part to try it. Don't ask to take their part to your bike as they may feel you might not come back.
    They are doing you a favour so make it easy for them and often they can help out. Not all of them, but most.
    Ray
    Australia

CRF230F 2004
    C30F Power Up needle
    Mains 132
    Idle 45
    2 turns out
    Baffle out, Screens In

It starts,it runs,it gets to where all CRFs can get to without the valve or valve plate dramas
  • Wracer

by Wracer » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:49 pm

Worked like a charm