Please help....
  • Mtngoat00

Please help....

by Mtngoat00 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:38 pm

Hi again, so, I got the bike to finally crank over with the e-start. It was as someone suggested the battery. Once I replaced it the starter turned over no problem.

So, now it won't start. As back ground I just rebuilt the top end, all bearings, cleaned up the wiring harness, made some new connections that looked bad and just about replaced everything I could. All this was prompted because last season it was running poorly. So, I thought a complete rebuild would be a good idea.

OK, so there is spark, gas in the carb, and everything seems like it should be ready to start up. But no go. It just cranks away with occasional pop and one back fire. Frustrating!! I have even put on a brand new carb I have with no change. I am guessing it is an electrical problem. Any suggestions on where to start looking? Any help appreciated. Joe??

Thanks again, robert
  • Cruisin

Re: Please help....

by Cruisin » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:57 pm

Quickest test is to spray some carb cleaner in the intake. If it runs for a few seconds, then you have a fuel delivery issue. If it doesn't run, then I would check the electrical first to rule it out before checking the fuel or mechanical issue (compression). Hope that helps a little.