CRF230L Wiring Issues
  • longislandjoe

CRF230L Wiring Issues

by longislandjoe » Sun May 06, 2018 7:58 am

I go and buy a CRF230F.....or so I thought. Turns out it is a 2008 CRF230L....with all of the turn signals, head light, speedo, and horn removed. The 230 is too big for me. I am only 5'4". It was purchased to clean up and flip. I only paid $400 or it. I assume that cleaned up and running great,even stripped of the "dual Purpose" features....it should still be worth around $1500. All plastic is there. No rips in the seat. Tires are ok. All mechanical controls are there. It RUNS and DRIVES. The wiring is a MESS. Does anyone have a good, clean, readable wiring diagram for the CRF230L? None of the wires to the starter switch, kill switch, and kick stand are hooked up. I can bridge the starter solenoid and start the bike. I can hold the kill wire to the frame and turn it off. There is no key. I am sure I can "rig" it, however I would like it to be as close to factory as possible, even with the lights and their controls removed. The start, run, and kill electrical controls are there...wires have been cut and spliced all over. All the obvious non-factory wiring work has been undone. I have factory wires cleaned up and laid out....I just need to figure out which wires go where and to what. Thanks