Time for a bike make over
    Old-Man

Time for a bike make over

by Old-Man » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:31 am

It's time to give RiDiNg4LiFe bike a make over.

Since we got it we did a few things to it. I had the rims and hubs powder coated black. I add a new silencer to it. And my daughter blow the bike up, so we did a bottom end and a top end on it.

Now that she's rode it for 7 months it's time for a little make over. I don't like the green frame so the bike is going to come apart for some powder coating. I'm going to powder coat the frame, sub frame, swing arm, bars and maybe triple clamps. Once I get it apart we will see if we are going to do a few other things. The bike will also get a new seat cover and some graphics, and some frame guards.

Here's a few pictures of her bike as of today. Next time I post some pictures it will be of me and HER. pulling the bike apart. I think she needs to do some of the work on it. :thumbsup:

Old-Man

Old-Man

by Old-Man » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:32 am

Day one of the make over. Me and my daughter took about a hour to pull this stuff off of it before dinner. Tomorrow we will work a little more on stripping the bike down.

All small parts are being bagged and labeled. This way it's easy to know what bolts and parts go where when we put it back together.
    Old-Man

• Collin

by Collin » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:23 pm

Hey that is a really nice bike. Since you have it stripped down to this point, there are some mods you could do to make it faster. Like............paint it red and put Honda stickers on it. Hey how about more pics of your daughter working on the bike?
    "Speedy"
    08 CRF150RB (sold)
    07 CRF150R (sold)
    TRX250ex
    Dads CRF250X (sold)
    Racing Hare scrambles on KTM's
    Old-Man

by Old-Man » Fri May 01, 2009 8:23 am

Collin wrote:Hey that is a really nice bike. Since you have it stripped down to this point, there are some mods you could do to make it faster. Like............paint it red and put Honda stickers on it. Hey how about more pics of your daughter working on the bike?

We tried the Honda stickers on it and it only broke down. :cry:

I would paint it RED, but I would have to rebuild the motor to make it a lot faster. Here she is having fun with a Honda 150F.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poOSRuCWf5Y

As for pictures of he working on the bike. Come on now, I might be old but not stupid. :roll:

A number of the parts when to the powder coater and should be back soon.
    Old-Man

Old-Man

by Old-Man » Mon May 04, 2009 5:41 pm

A few pictures of some of the thing I had PC.

Old-Man

Old-Man

by Old-Man » Mon May 04, 2009 5:44 pm

We didn't have a lot of time to work on the bike this weekend but we did get a few things done.

We got the pegs back on it, along with the air box, and some of the front end.

My daughter putting grease on the steering stem bearing.

Her putting on the forks.

These next two are show the pegs, forks, and air box on.

Tomorrow I will try to find time to put the bearings in the swing arm. I will use sockets and a bolt to press them in. That's how I got them out. She will not be around to help with that. I'm going to try to do that why shes at school so next weekend we can get that mount and get things going a little more.
    Old-Man

• Asmith

by Asmith » Mon May 04, 2009 6:27 pm

Man...Tim sure does a nice job.

I hope you take the time to throw some props his way and post up an address and a phone number so the peeps on here can use him to do their stuff.
    Old-Man

by Old-Man » Mon May 04, 2009 7:25 pm

Yes he did a great job on it. This is the second time using him. I will have to get his email address. I don't know if he wants me giving out his cell #.

The price is right also if anyone wants stuff PC. He had some hubs when i went down to pick the stuff up. They were killer. They were in candy red.

He still has the bars for it. They had one little mark on them and he said no way they can go out like that. I might send him a few more things to be PC after I get more of the bike together.

I just order some new plastics for it and a few other things. It should look nice when we are done. :lol:
    Old-Man

walkmnn

by walkmnn » Mon May 04, 2009 8:27 pm

Nice Job. The bike is looking good so far. What color are the plastics or is that a secret? No matter what color they are, Chris, I'm gunnin for you on our rematch. What's up with the knee brace? I don't want that to become an excuse when I beat her.

Walkmnn
  • antsdadcal

by antsdadcal » Mon May 04, 2009 8:50 pm

I think the green grass is a lot better looking than green motoscooter sell it buy her a honda she willl love you forever jkn really nice bike would love it for my son
  • Asmith

by Asmith » Mon May 04, 2009 9:33 pm

antsdadcal wrote:sell it buy her a honda she willl love you forever

I agree with antsdadcal... :shock: :lol: :lol:
    amaviper

by amaviper » Mon May 04, 2009 9:39 pm

That frame looks fantastic. What color / type of paint?
    '06 CRF450X; '07 CRF230F; '03 CRF230F; '03 XR100R; '03 XR70F; '79 KZ1300 A-1; '71 SL350 K1
    In2deep

by In2deep » Tue May 05, 2009 8:29 am

I would say from what I can see so far this is going to be more than a makeover.

They do regular 1/2 hour makeovers on shows like Tyra. This looks like the start of an EXTREME makeover. Like on the the show the Swan where they used to take busted up looking people and give them all sorts of surgery and then they are beauty queens.

It looks great so far keep it up with the pics!
  • Asmith

by Asmith » Tue May 05, 2009 9:48 am

In2deep wrote:I would say from what I can see so far this is going to be more than a makeover.

They do regular 1/2 hour makeovers on shows like Tyra. This looks like the start of an EXTREME makeover. Like on the the show the Swan where they used to take busted up looking people and give them all sorts of surgery and then they are beauty queens.

It looks great so far keep it up with the pics!

Maybe Old Man should get an extreme make over... :lol: :lol:
    bocephus450x

by bocephus450x » Tue May 05, 2009 2:25 pm

~ wrote:Maybe Old Man should get an extreme make over... :lol: :lol:

can they go that extreme??

Come to think of it...Cher & Joan Rivers went that extreme, so I guess they can makeover Old Man too :lol: :lol: :lol:
    There's no right way to eat a Rhesus