What was your worst crash and what did you break.
  • crazy250rider

What was your worst crash and what did you break.

by crazy250rider » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:02 am

My worst crash was at Hatfield McCoy trails when I was climbing a double black one of the hardest trail. We went up because some guy told me I couldn't make. Back to the story I was flying up this hill and I went around a turn and there was a 3ft rock wall and I tried to jump it but I didn't make it and smashed my header pipe on my 250x. :x At least I got an excuse for my FMF I just got for it.
    You'r not lost until you run out of gas.
    marks crf

by marks crf » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:50 pm

my worst crash was when i had my yamaha rt100,
    i was at my mates farm and me and him were doing stupid stuff so i thought i'd jump his medium sized super kicker jump and i tried to pull off a superman, i got it fully extended then i couldn't bring it back so i ghosted my bike. 3meters down i came crashing i wasn't hurt but my bike got bent bars :shock:
    my #00

5th gear PINNED on the 250
    6th gear PINNED on the 125

My van is the only TRUE factory rig
  • Wilcox

by Wilcox » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:45 pm

hit a deer on my old xr250, broken collarbone, and broken wrist, not too much damage to the bike tho which is the good part.
    woodsman

by woodsman » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:19 pm

Discovered the powerband on a two stroke 125, thereby attempting a backflip. Hears a hint. I made it halfway while in the air... No broken bones, but a badly bruised ego, and a few broken bike parts like fender etc.
    Currently, 05 450X
    Previously, KTM 790 Adv R, Cbr600rr, Crf450R, Crf250X
    mikey526

by mikey526 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:08 am

July 27th in my last moto of the day, I went down a down hill double and had whipped it. Something happened, I don't know what, I think it was a combo of these things: Track prep people were watering the downhill, where it was already about as hard as cement (blue grooved). I am too big for the bike. My tires are too old. My suspension should be revalved. Etc! Anyways my friend said I landed and the back slid out and I guess I high sided and landed and rolled 30 feet down the hill. The medics strapped me to a board and took me to the hospital, where they decided I had a concussion and, after taking like 3 ex-rays of my arm, thought my shoulder wasn't broken. It was about the size of a melon. 2 days later we went to the doctor and they took 8 more exrays over 2 days and said it is broken. I only have 3 more weeks though! The only thing that happened to the bike was I tore a grip and bent the silencer a little (but we heated it up and bent it back).
  • crcoop

by crcoop » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:56 pm

My worst crash was in Havasu I didn't brake anything , but my arm was filled with road rash nevermind i was racing bmx and took a header and broke my metacarple :)
    Last edited by crcoop on Sun May 30, 2010 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    wondergirl

by wondergirl » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:47 pm

my worst crash was in lake elsinore , I overshot a jump and hit a berm, went flying over the road and landed then crashed, bent my handle bars and had a gnarly handle bar shaped bruise on my stomache...yeoouch!

just the thought of it makes my stomache hurt again. :-({|=
  • ap3x

by ap3x » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:56 pm

I slipped off a log jump and went sideways into the air and was launched from the bike and hit my knee almost tearing my acl
  • tylero21

by tylero21 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:35 pm

this last month riped my spleen in two and last year a broke my leg (tib and fib) and dislocated my ankle. They had to cut my leg open and bolt and pin me back together. :D :D :lol:
    www.tylerohara.com
    CRFSONLY.com Supermoto Racer
    marks crf

by marks crf » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:44 pm

sounds yummy :lol: :shock: 8)
    my #00

5th gear PINNED on the 250
    6th gear PINNED on the 125

My van is the only TRUE factory rig
    IRideRed

by IRideRed » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:11 pm

well i was on the track and i hit a jump with a whole in the lip of the jump i got completly crossed up went off the jump sideways and then i came down sideways which isnt good. Anyway i came down on my chest and my right hand went underneath my chest and smashed it in between me and the ground Tore my left elbow all up and decided t was time to call it a day seeing that i couldnt use my right hand.(throttle hand) :x went home and decided it was just bruised really bad and nit to worry. two days later it still hurt so i went to the doctors and what do you know my hand was broken. not to bad of a break but enough for me to not be able to use it. Oh and yea this happened 2 weeks ago so i still got the cast on im really hatin it!!! I want to get back out there but patience is key. :roll:
    -Tyler
  • highway star

by highway star » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:28 pm

3 times. you choose 1. 1 was funnier.

1.I was at Corrall Canyon, San Diego. I was ridin a honda CRF 100. i went up a rock and when my bike was straight up, my rear tire caught traction, i did almost a 360 straight up. i bent my shifter and cut my arms. i was wearin a thor static jersey.
    2. i was in mexico and i crashed on sandy whoops. my dad ran me over!(100f)
    3. i was at a ocatillo wells on a xr 50. when quads do donuts in sand they leave a lip. i was gettin speed to go up a hill and i hit the lip then my front tire hit the edge on the inside. i was knocked out for 1-5 minutes. go 6 year olds. now im 13 i wouldnt make that mistake. pm me on what u think
  • jared#34

by jared#34 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:48 am

my worst crash was april 5th of this year. I was in practice with my ktm 65. I was on the first lap. It was the second jump and some idiotic inexpeirienced rider rode right over the birm into my lane and hat was all she wrote!!!!!!!!! I was unconcios for about 4 minutes. I broke my collor bone and knocked out 2 perminant teeth. It was crazy painfull. I didn't ride for 6 weeks after that. Now my collor bone is healed and Im winning the series Im in.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
  • stiffanbond

by stiffanbond » Wed May 19, 2010 11:06 pm

My worst crash was when i try to learn to ride a bike. On that day i have my friend's bike and that time i crashed with tree and i was jump high. I wasn't wear helmet.
  • bamm

yup

by bamm » Thu May 20, 2010 7:35 am

this is a cool thread, my worst crash to date was at the hbmc hare scrambles earlier this year. it was my first race doing two loops,bout 80 miles. any who, came out of the pits after loop one and was haulin booty through the bomb section, musta been doin at least a million, and outa nowheres i hit a road crossing that trucks race on, i heard baaaaaoooooooooooh in my helmet and then experienced the wonderful feeling of flight. landed bout 20 feet from the road with no air in my lungs. no broken bones bent my pastranas beyond recognition, and finished the race desperately trying to keep the 1st place woman rider behind me. :D