Maps to gps
  • Kap

Maps to gps

by Kap » Mon May 02, 2011 9:34 am

Greetingsn all,

I just installed my Voyager and cant figure out how to get maps uploaded. I want maps of Big Bear, Silverwood etc. I went to ohvtrails to no avail. Can someone provide me with detailed instructions on where to go and how to get maps.

Thanks
    06 CRF450X Rekluse with hand brake.
    CR500AF Rekluse rear hand brake.
    MattBennett23

by MattBennett23 » Mon May 02, 2011 11:41 am

Don't know for sure, but I think that site (ohvtrails) is the only way. If no one has loaded it yet ,I think you are SOL for now. Go out and ride them though and you can load them to ohvtrails for everyone else with a Voyager.
    MattBennett23

by MattBennett23 » Mon May 02, 2011 11:52 am

It looks like you can use any gpx map of the trail if you can find one to download to your computer or Micro SD card.

From Trailtech:

Insert any MicroSD card into the side of Voyager. Make sure the card slot cover is properly seated to maintain waterproof properties. An installed MicroSD card enables import/export of tracks.

After exporting a track to the MicroSD card, insert it into your computer’s card reader to save the track or view it in Google Earth. Tracks are saved in GPX format and viewable in Google Earth, or other programs compatible with that format.

Tracks saved on your computer can be placed on the MicroSD memory card, then imported onto Voyager for viewing and route following. This is a great way to sharetracks with your friends, or for pre-planning your own trips.