61 and Having Fun
    JimDirt

61 and Having Fun

by JimDirt » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:22 am

I have not been uploading much on Youtube , so I figured I would throw some riding videos up where I normally practice .... nothing for jumps on this track , just old school moto for old guys ... ... It is a real workout with 3 minute lap times , and rough .... no resting on this track ... I already have over 60 hours on my 2020 450R ..All on this track ... Hopefully this summer I will make a few trips to a track I like that is in Oregon .. it has about 17 jumps and is a blast .. this video is about 18 minutes , it's funny , I actually go faster near the end ... so hopefully you won't be bored ... this track is dry and sketchy and a lot of loose dry sand ... and did I mention rough ?? ... it gives you a workout ... especially when you are old and beat up like me ... I can't go fast like I used to ... but I can still ride , so that is all that matters ... :mrgreen:

This is the first of those video's while on the new bike.... I really like this bike ...especially compared to my 02 I had ... real confidence inspiring , you do stuff on it , and I find you can go faster each time , and it likes it more , the faster you go .. , the bike is actually easier to ride if you go faster on it .. this ride is only 3rd gear , I never have the need to shift with this bike on this track .. it pulls hard no matter what speed , and pulls hard out of corners .. I like it better than my buddies 21 450R , its sketchy and feels unstable compared to mine ..... even he likes mine compared to his as far as handling , his power is mellower than mine , and is about like mine is with the flywheel weight , but his just gives you less confidence when hitting stuff compared to mine , which does not feel squirrely ... His , I can't push it like mine ..

Anyway ... Enjoy .. O:)

2020 CRF450R
    2006 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho
  • Aussiecrf230

Re: 61 and Having Fun

by Aussiecrf230 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:05 pm

Glad you are having fun still Jim.
    Life has got in my way the last few years.
    Ray
    Australia

CRF230F 2004
    C30F Power Up needle
    Mains 132
    Idle 45
    2 turns out
    Baffle out, Screens In

It starts,it runs,it gets to where all CRFs can get to without the valve or valve plate dramas