GP Shift?
  • howlinhoss

GP Shift?

by howlinhoss » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:57 pm

Are there any kits out there to reverse the shift pattern to GP? It gets confusing riding this bike after riding my other bikes with GP shift.
    JimDirt

Re: GP Shift?

by JimDirt » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:12 pm

Welcome to the site !! \:D/

Not that I am aware of .... Not sure what the need for that setup would give you for just riding a 150 ..... its not like you are going really fast and need to drag your knee in the corners on it , as that is the only advantage for it , is cornering ......

What is the difficult part you are having with shifting the "normal" way ???? , just remembering what gear you are in ?? , or forgetting
    and starting of in a higher gear from a light ??? .... to me it would be no different than riding my 2020 450R then getting on a old 1970 Bultaco again with the shifter on the right side and the rear brake on the left .... takes a few minutes to get used to , but after a afternoon of riding , it would seem natural . and I wouldn't give it any thought .... doing repetitive movements will train your brain to just do things without needing to think about it .... maybe that is the issue you are having , you are putting too much focus on why is is like that and getting frustrated , rather than just riding the bike and having fun ..... after a few stalls from trying to start off in 4th or 5th , or gearing down to first when trying to go faster , you will just get used to it , and you won't give it another thought ...
    2020 CRF450R
    2006 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho
  • howlinhoss

Re: GP Shift?

by howlinhoss » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:36 pm

Thanks for your reply! I mainly want it because all my other bikes are GP shift and I am just so used to that shift pattern. When mini racing I hate missing shifts because I forget my shift pattern is standard.