HELP!!!! 2009 crf150r wont run unless idle is turned up high
  • Dmendez78

HELP!!!! 2009 crf150r wont run unless idle is turned up high

by Dmendez78 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:08 pm

Hello everyone I'm new to the site and to the crf150r I just picked up a 2009 for my son from a friend that bought the bike new and rode it like 4 times and than put it away under a tarp in his back yard for a couple of years so I got the bike from him cleaned out the carb and put fresh gas in it and the bike to for ever to fire up so after it finally started I noticed the idle was very high! So I turned the idle screw out and the idle came down but than the bike stalled and wouldn't start again so it fired up again after a million kicks :x and the same thing as soon as I go to lower the idle it dies so I've cleaned out the carb about 3 times and nothing changes, I have the fuel screw set at 2 turns out and as far as getting all I've seen is that the main jet says 38 I'm sorry if I sound like a complete noob but like I said this is my first 150r and this thing has me pulling my hair out I'm thinking of just taking this thing back to this friend of mine and giving up on it so before I totally give up I figured I'd try and see if anyone has any suggestions