Back on the horse (sort of)
    befree

Back on the horse (sort of)

by befree » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:48 pm

Hi, all, it's been kinda quiet on the ladies forum, so I thought I'd post a howdy! Over the long weekend, I got my first real ride in since the April splatter - for the first half hour I felt like a fish on a bicycle. Ugh, nothing felt right and I seem to have forgotten everything I ever knew about riding (it wasn't a lot ha!). I was on my heavy old 200 just riding circles in the field and up and down the driveway, but it was good to be riding, either way. Pulled the 250 out of the shed and it's in the garage now, getting all the bolts re-tightened and getting checked over for the first time since the nosedive. Not sure when it'll get raced again, maybe next spring; the shoulder is at about 80% ROM but only around 65% strength so still a ways to go before any MXing. I might try a practice day soon if the weather allows.

So where's all the SoCal ride report pics thru cool deserts with blue skies, etc, etc??? Who's been out riding and where? I need a fix!!
    Now a firm believer in neck braces! Don't look at the ruts; don't look at the ruts; don't look at the ruts...
  • RiDiNGCRF

by RiDiNGCRF » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:35 am

Don't push yourself too hard! The bike will be ready when you are!

We had a guy last weekend out with us who just had shoulder surgery 2 weeks prior to the trip and was riding his quad/driving his T-rex thingy. I can't imagine that! I guess since my mom is a nurse; I was always told to make sure things are all healed prior to getting back in the saddle :lol:

My ride report: I realized I LOVE LOVE LOVE Tim's bike (250X) and find myself riding that more than my 450X.
    ~*MY DRiNKiNG TEAM HAS A RACiNG PROBLEM*~

You can buy the greatest parts/accessories in the world... But you can't buy experience.