2009 ISDE
  • Lacyjones

2009 ISDE

by Lacyjones » Thu May 07, 2009 11:29 am

I have been selected to ride on the AMA Women's World Cup Team for the 2009 ISDE being held in Portugal. I am partially sponsored by a Kawasaki dealer and ride the KX250F. I already have a new KX250F setup for the ISDE. I really like the bike. However, I have been offered a full sponsorship for the coming ISDE by a Honda dealership. This includes all motorcycles and expenses. I would be crazy not to accept the offer. The problem is that I want to win the Women's ISDE Championship because I was on the winning team in the 2007 ISDE in Chile. I wasn't on last years team and we lost the title. I have never raced the Honda CRF250R or the CRF250X and the dealer recommends riding either one of them. He even said that have could have the CRF450R or the CRF450X. The 450 seems a bit much for my 5'6" and 130 lb. body so it's one of the 250s. What is your opinion of the CRF250R and the CRF250X? Can the R be converted to ride a very long and fast six day hare scramble? Is the X down on power and heavy? Your thoughts would be appreciated Thanks, Lacy Jones
    Last edited by Lacyjones on Thu May 07, 2009 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    motosicko

by motosicko » Thu May 07, 2009 12:04 pm

Congats on the selection Lacy. I think you and my wife have raced together at several WMA,(Cycle Ranch, Hangtown)events. If you are the same Jones I remember, the World Cup Team made a very good selection. My wife, Shannan, races a CRF250R. The R is great for the MX track even set-up with a Rekluse Z-start auto clutch, but you may find that the X with a bunch of R mods done to it may be better for the long ISDA races.Also it has the starter button. There are tons of good suggestions from forum members here on how to get the X race ready. Either way you decide to go I would recommend trying out the Rekluse, bet you would love it. It takes away the stalling factor and puts your concentration on techniques other than clutching. Welcome to the site and hope to see you on that Honda, but either way GOOD LUCK. \:D/
    Last edited by motosicko on Mon May 11, 2009 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
    "There are old racers
    and there are bold racers,
    but there are no old, bold racers who don't walk funny."
    befree

by befree » Fri May 08, 2009 7:39 pm

Congratulations, Lacy! Very cool! 8)

I rode a 250R, and it would need mods to get it trail-worthy, but the X would also need mods to get it race-worthy, so either way would work. The biggest plus for the X is the starter. You have to decide how much that is worth to you in that environment.

Good luck!!!
    Now a firm believer in neck braces! Don't look at the ruts; don't look at the ruts; don't look at the ruts...
  • Hm450

by Hm450 » Fri May 08, 2009 11:22 pm

6 days are a long ride as you know. Extreme test are tough, so i'll start with a 250X with all mods to boost and slim your bike. Our french team should be a strong competitor too. They rode 2 stroke (lighter and stronger) to be more efficient on hard area. In Portugal, you should not meet any slippery or mud ground but dust and hard soil.
    Good luck !!
    For sale Passenger Pegs for CRF X and R
  • Hm450

by Hm450 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:50 am

Any News ?