Women's Body Armor?
  • RockstarSMP

Women's Body Armor?

by RockstarSMP » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:15 am

Hi ladies,

My girlfriend's learning to ride and she's taken a couple of good spills, but luckily hasn't done any more than some scrapes and bruises; however, since I want her to have plenty of confidence, I think we need to step it up a notch for safety.

What she wears now:
    boots,
    knee pads,
    over-the-boot riding pants,
    jersey,
    chest protector,
    elbow pads,
    gloves,
    helmet/goggles

Now that she's learning more, she wants a neck brace and more pads for under her pants/jersey.

1) Does anyone know an advantage of the Leatt brace over the EVS (1/3 the Leatt's price)?

2) As far as women's, padded undershorts, etc., which are the best? She's about 5'6" and 115 pounds.

3) I'm thinking one of those jackets with the built in armor and back protector would be good for her since the elbow pads always move about and drive her nuts. I know A-stars makes a women's-specific model, which might be a good idea since she's got a decent-sized chest (DD/E)... Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Last edited by RockstarSMP on Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
    --2009 crf450R
  • sickness for quickness

by sickness for quickness » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:56 pm

My boyfriend bought me the Alpinestar chest protector, it's the one that's pretty much a jacket with armor all around. I love it, it stays in place and makes me (and my boyfriend) feel safe. He also has the male equivalent one and he likes it. I would recomend a small for her, I have a small but I weigh about 15lbs more and it's kinda tight on me. Or you can order more than one size from a store and try on both to see what she fits into better. The only hard thing about womens protective gear is finding it. It's really hard to find anything in the store so your forced to go online.
    This is the chest protect I have:

But I think I have the first model, I know I didn't pay $230, like they are trying to sell this one for. I would say go into a store and find the old one in the catalog, it should be about $100 less. It is well worth the price. It's very durable and it's just great!