Aussie riders?
    swinnei

Aussie riders?

by swinnei » Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:28 pm

any aussie riders from Tasmania besides me!?
    04 CRF230F
    MODS:
    UFO wrap-around Bark Busters
    Custom Skid Plate
    custom twin headlights
  • CYCOTIC

by CYCOTIC » Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:41 pm

iam a aussie but from the other side of oz in (perth) wa
  • Aussiecrf230

by Aussiecrf230 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:09 am

Brisbane, my nearest ride park is Black Duck near Gatton. Look at www.blackduck.com.au
    Ray
    Australia

CRF230F 2004
    C30F Power Up needle
    Mains 132
    Idle 45
    2 turns out
    Baffle out, Screens In

It starts,it runs,it gets to where all CRFs can get to without the valve or valve plate dramas
    swinnei

by swinnei » Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:31 pm

that blackduck site is a pottery link
    i think its wrong lol.
    tassie has heaps of top places to ride esspecially if you like muddy fun tetnical tracks. There are alot of popular places down south (Hobart area) to ride. all about an hour away.
    04 CRF230F
    MODS:
    Custom Skid Plate
    custom twin headlights
  • Aussiecrf230

by Aussiecrf230 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:29 am

Ray
    Australia

CRF230F 2004
    C30F Power Up needle
    Mains 132
    Idle 45
    2 turns out
    Baffle out, Screens In

It starts,it runs,it gets to where all CRFs can get to without the valve or valve plate dramas
    swinnei

by swinnei » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:03 pm

that place sounds wiked as. In Hobart we only have one place kind of like that but by the sounds of it thats like 10 times better! If im up that way i'll be sure to check it out. :)
    04 CRF230F
    MODS:
    Custom Skid Plate
    custom twin headlights
  • topgun

by topgun » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:03 pm

Hi All

Also from Perth
  • Aussiecrf230

by Aussiecrf230 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:53 am

Gday Topgun,

Why don't you PM Cycotic from this post.

You might find some different riding areas between you.
    Ray
    Australia

CRF230F 2004
    C30F Power Up needle
    Mains 132
    Idle 45
    2 turns out
    Baffle out, Screens In

• topgun

by topgun » Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:20 pm

I am a member of the T & E club and we have about 1,000 km's of tracks down near Harvey - absolutely brilliant !!

Everything from fast gravel roads to single track slow 1st to 2nd gear stuff.

Plus a few killer hills etc.

We are just setting yp for a 2 Day Enduro so have ing heaps of fun finding new tracks ( not hard to do ) and linking them all up ( read serious bush bashing ).
  • Asmith

by Asmith » Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:33 pm

topgun wrote:I am a member of the T & E club and we have about 1,000 km's of tracks down near Harvey - absolutely brilliant !!

Everything from fast gravel roads to single track slow 1st to 2nd gear stuff.

Plus a few killer hills etc.

We are just setting yp for a 2 Day Enduro so have ing heaps of fun finding new tracks ( not hard to do ) and linking them all up ( read serious bush bashing ).

I'm up for that!!! How do I get there? How Far of a drive is it from California? What? An Island? Damn!!!
  • topgun

by topgun » Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:12 pm

Ok Mr Smith - head south east about 14,000 km's - make sure bike is water proofed ...

Seriously it is heaven on earth ...

Base camp is an old Hay shed with all the mod cons ... located in a Police and Youth Citzens Club - run by the local coppers ...

We are their local security and spies ... given we are there every weekend and "patrol" the area we keep an eye out for undesirables and illegal stuff ( like shooters, drunks and druggies )

In return we get use of hot showers and toilets - perfect after 6 or 7 hour rides.

The Hay shed has power, microwave, satellite TV, DVD player and a big a$$ wood heater.

So typical weekend is arrive Friday night - set up bed in on site caravans, stoke up fire and barbeque ... have a few beers then shoot the breeze till whenever ...
    Up early sat morning ... big brekkie ... fuel up, suit up and off we go .. normally 10 to 15 riders with a few girls as well.

We use the modified corner man for rides with you being responsible for the person behind - like waiting at a corner to make sure they dont overshoot, they are actually still behind you and not broken down or fallen off etc.

This keeps the group reasonably close together with no one getting lost and help available if necessary. One of the more experienced riders is nominated as the days leader but sometimes a novice is given the task - thank goodness for GPS as we never know where we will end up with literally 100's of k's of tracks ....

End of day - repeat normal night activities - and if you need to work on your bike then there are many helpful people all sitting in a circle ( with beer in hand ) all giving conflicting advice on the best way to do things - like fix a flat or repair a KTM ( these things always breaking down )

New riders are gently introduced to more advanced riding skills like be careful going through big puddles ( read look behind first ) as there will be some nasty person timing it just right to blast past to ensure you and your bike are thoroughly drenched in muddy water as they pass you. Or never pull up directly behind someone as you will be filled in as they blast off.

Seriously we tend to encourage and help new riders ( esp the girls ) as much as possible as they are the future of our sport. Like demonstrating techniques for log hopping/crossing, uphills, downhills, cornering, braking etc

Sunday - repeat of saturday with a slighly earlier finish to get cleaned up for trip home.

Usually do anywhere from 100 to 200 k's a day - depends if setting up an event or just riding for the heck of it and thoroghly enjoy every minute.
  • Asmith

by Asmith » Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:06 pm

Sounds like a great time!! I'm in!!

By the way, what beer are we drinking?
  • topgun

by topgun » Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:24 pm

Well for the common folk lime me its Carlton Mid Strength

For the snobs its red wine from local winery and assorted botiques beers .... all sissy girlie stuff IMHO ...

But hey thats life ...
  • Asmith

by Asmith » Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:04 pm

topgun wrote:Well for the common folk lime me its Carlton Mid Strength

For the snobs its red wine from local winery and assorted botiques beers .... all sissy girlie stuff IMHO ...

But hey thats life ...

I'm with ya!!! Double fisted!

• topgun

by topgun » Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:32 pm

Hmmm ... me thinks you have far too much time on your hands .... for goodness sake go for a aride or some such ... :D