Thumbs up for Perry Lake ORV riding area
  • Collin

Thumbs up for Perry Lake ORV riding area

by Collin » Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:02 pm

I had the greatest time ever with my boys today at Perry Lake ORV riding area. It is about 40 mins. west of Bonner Springs on 24 Hwy. Go to the wedsite for info http://corpslakes.usace.army.mil/visito ... Id=G513920
    It has trails everywhere. There are woods, hills, rocks, flat dirt trails, wetlands, and rock ridges. Great riding for those training for hare scrambles. It had rained Sat., but the upper trails were dry by noon. We stayed out of the bottom land in the woods, but I sure would have liked to see what they had there. Bring anything under 50" wide. We had fun on bikes and quads. There seemed to be a few more quads than bikes. I rode some of the roughest rockiest trails of my life, but the great thing about this place was there were plenty of easy riding. We saw several guys teaching their kids and gfs to ride there. I hate to give up this nice little secret, but there are plenty of people who already know about it. My 14 and 10 yr. old both loved it, so it is as kid friendly as it is challenging. [/url]