Midwest ride?
    dlpmx

Midwest ride?

by dlpmx » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:10 am

Otay,I know we all have the itch to ride. I for one would like to meet some of the guys on here. I know we have guys in Oh,Mi,IL,Mo and I'm sure we have some lurkers around too. I've been looking for a place to ride in the middle of all of us to meet. I've found Haspin Acres in Indiana that looks nice.750 acres woods,2 tracks,camping,showers. Looking at map quest it looks to be 200-250 from the crf'ers that I kind of knew where you are from. Also I talked to the owner and he seemed excited about us coming. He stated he would save us a pavilion for our use while we were there. If any one has any other ideas post'em please. Also dates we could go? June wouldn't be as muddy or hot.Fathers day weekend? or the first weekend? I could go any weekend except for May 14th-29th I'll just have to have have a little notice to get a day off. I can count on 2 for sure and probably 4-5 people from around here. Here's a list of people we'd like to hear from if possible.(If I missed you I'm sorry please post any way)

Dobent
    OldFatGuy
    TJHELL

Sorry I can't remember any more names off the top of my head.

Maybe a few suggestions on places and dates then we can do a poll to do the final decision.

Dale
    All mods listed in the Garage
    <-----

by 124 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:27 am

Ofcourse I'd love to go. I've also heard good things about Haspin. My brother and some of his riding crew went and said they liked it. My riding life completely rotates around my wife and 3 little ones....sooo i can't give a "yes" with any certainty. My wife's willingness to participate or "let" me participate changes with the wind.... :roll:

Damn...I hate being flaky. :evil:
    70' Honda CT70 (Trail 70; Gold)
    16' KX450
    16' KX85
    12' YZ125
  • TJHELL

by TJHELL » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:20 pm

Dale, my only concern with going in the spring is RAIN!
    It would suck to go and have it rain or just be a total mud mess.

what do you think about going in June/July or do it in the fall? I have no problem committing to a weekend this spring but I thought I would just throw it out there.

I like the sound of June 7th or fathers day weekend. I am open to dates. I know that people race and have to take that in consideration.

TJhell
    dlpmx

by dlpmx » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:48 am

I was thinking June also. Fathers day weekend there was only 1 HS here and it was Wedron. I'm not a fan of racing there and Dino isn't eather. I just wanted to get the discussion started so everyone would have time to make plans. I know a good fathers day for me is to be away from the kids and wife. :D

Dale
    <-----
    Malindor

by Malindor » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:34 am

Do they have a website, or overview of the track and trail system?

I guess I need to know how far this is from me...

by 124 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:47 am

It's about 5 hours from us Malindor. Laurel, IN.

www.haspinacres.com
    70' Honda CT70 (Trail 70; Gold)
    16' KX450
    16' KX85
    12' YZ125
    dlpmx

by dlpmx » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:09 am

About 5 hrs from us also. Thats why I figured a 2 day ride for me.

Dale
    <-----
  • TJHELL

by TJHELL » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:27 pm

Fathers day weekend? Is that what you are saying?
    dlpmx

by dlpmx » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:32 pm

TJHELL wrote:Fathers day weekend? Is that what you are saying?

Just getting ideas right now. If you like another weekend post it. After we get some feedback we'll do a poll to finalize the ride.

Dale
    <-----
    Malindor

by Malindor » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:48 am

The only real commitment I have so far is a June 8th - 10th one, so those dates are out for me...
  • efelker

by efelker » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:04 am

I might beable to swing it i work for ford's and we're launching the new f150 then, so that means alot of over time and weekends. sounds like fun.
    dlpmx

by dlpmx » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:48 am

efelker wrote:I might beable to swing it i work for ford's and we're launching the new f150 then, so that means alot of over time and weekends. sounds like fun.

Love to have ya come ride with us. Still kind of waiting to hear from a couple peeps before we start hammering out the final draft. Hey tell them you know a good place to unvail that f150 and toss your bike in it. :D
    <-----
    Malindor

by Malindor » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:55 am

I am not trying to push anybody, as I would like to meet some of you peeps. But, if I am to make it, I will need to know the exact dates ASAP.

We are in the middle of converting our old Administrative system to one that was actually built and designed in the past 10 years, so vacation time is rather tight.

We can get time off, we just need to request it, way in advance...
    dlpmx

by dlpmx » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:47 am

Well it looks like no one else is going to suggest a place or weekend so lets say Fathers day weekend at Haspin Acres in Laural IN. I will plan on going on Friday evening and staying until late Sunday afternoon. That way I can make sure we have a shelter and good place to pit close to the bathrooms. I'll call and make sure everything is cool with the owner and we're not conflicting with any races or whatever.I'll also ask about motels and restaurants for those who want to utilize those aminities.I will also get and post directions from all 4 directions.Please post any other suggestions.

Dale
    <-----
    Malindor

by Malindor » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:56 pm

Just to be clear; are we talking about just June 14th and 15th? Or are we talking about a long weekend and asking for a Monday or Friday off as well?