Plates now optional for Idaho, sticker still required.
    Riley

Plates now optional for Idaho, sticker still required.

by Riley » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:59 pm

http://parksandrecreation.idaho.gov/art ... newsid=235

Plate are now optional as I read it, sticker are mandatory of course. Price goes up to $12 and you will be able to buy at OHV dealers again.

Sweet, except what to do with my plates? Now I have to pull the sticker and tape it to my bike. Oh well, better than the plate and I'll get a new real sticker next year.

Maybe I'll carry a copy of this in my bag just to be safe.
    Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.

165 main, 42 pilot, JD Red needle 4th clip, R&D Flex fuel screw 2 turns out, open air box, FMF Q4. 4-9000ft, 50-100*
    JimDirt

by JimDirt » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:05 pm

I was wondering how long it was going to take , when i talked to Amy Smith , she said all that was needed was the Gov to sign , that was 2 months ago , man they take their time !!

Cept for i cant ride for another 4 or more months CRAP !!
    2020 CRF450R
    2006 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho
    JimmyPwadd

by JimmyPwadd » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:49 pm

I bought my bike in Oregon in 06' at Outlaw Motorsports due to the price. In addition, Oregon has no sales tax. BONUS!
    Here's my dilemma: Now that Idaho requires plates (stickers for farm and strictly trail use) I have to title my bike. I have no bill of sale nor do I have the Certificate of Origin. If I wanted to (or could) jump through all the hoops I will have to pay the tax due from the sale 3 years ago. How in the hell am I going to licence my bike?
    I was thinking of writing a bill of sale from a state that does not require titles on bikes like Idaho was till this year.
    Does anyone know which states are this way?
    Does anyone have a better idea?
    2006 CRF250X
    Pink Wire/Air Box/Baffle Mods/ Removed B.F. Screen
    Boyesen Quick Shot /AP mod
    JD Jetting Red Needle Clip 4th Pos.
    162 Main/42 Pilot/Zip Ty Fuel Screw 2-1/8 turns out.
    Moose Handguards & White Bro.s Skid Plate
    lightflight

by lightflight » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:26 pm

so I went to the dealer today and they still claim that you have to go to the court house to get your in-state sticker.however if your bike is out of state they will sell you an out of state sticker. SO who knows. This is just a way for the state to get more taxes... funny how all this started when the economy went to pot.

In the 3 years I have been riding in Idaho I have never been stopped or checked for registration stickers Even when riding at st. Anthony sand dunes which is highly patrolled.

Have any of you been Checked? what are the consequences if you don't have the proper registration?