highland park resort in cedartown GA
  • flash jr.

highland park resort in cedartown GA

by flash jr. » Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:52 am

My family and I are thinking of planning a trip to the Highland Park Resort in Cedartown GA. I would like to know if any one has been there and if so, how did they like it.
  • madmax

by madmax » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:48 am

I`ve been there 3 times now, and to me it`s the best place i`ve ever ridden.

All the trails are clearly marked and they all go one way so it`s impossable to get lost. The trails are marked 1-5 diamond, it will not be on the trail head but on the map you will get. The only 1 diamonds is trail 9 and the perimeter road which goes around the whole park, these are like most OHV trails. Once you get past that the trails get pretty hard. Trail 6 is also pretty easy.

They have them listed as 1D-moderate, 2D-intermadiate, 3D-advanced, 4D-expert only and 5D-superman. Even on some of the 2-3D there will be some technical sections. The map will show all the trails, the "thickness" of the lines on the map will show how wide the trails are. Most of the 1-3 D are ATV wide, some like 19, 20, and 21 are handlebar tight. The 5Ds will be tight with some steep hills and off-camper sections.

On the perimeter road they had to put wooden bridges over the creek, be very careful with theses as they get very slick with mud and water.

They`ve add a GP style MX track, i have`nt riden that yet and they have a pee-wee track.

Like i said, it`s a great place. Everyone needs to try it out a least once.
    03 450R
    02 GXSR1000
    05 250X (kid #1)
    05 250X (kid#2)
  • Lauraideaf

-

by Lauraideaf » Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:16 pm

Im going to Highland Park to ride either Sat 4/11, tues 4/14, or wed 4/15. I havent decided which day yet it is just according to the weather and how much it rains. If anyone want to meet up and ride pm me or answer this thread. Also has anyone been there recently? If so how muddy is it?