Suspension
    crfsonly
    Owner

Suspension

by crfsonly » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:23 pm

RG3 will be doing the suspension work for the project bike. We'll be delivering the forks, shock, and linkage to them tomorrow.

They will completely rebuild them with proper valving and spring rates. In addition are going to diamond coat the surfaces to reduce stiction. These should be as close to factory suspension as possible and not be a factory rider.

I'll post photos of the suspension once we get them back.

Ken
    crfsonly
    Owner

by crfsonly » Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:32 am

rain delay...major rain storm has set the delivery of the suspension to RG3 back one day.

ken
    crfsonly
    Owner

by crfsonly » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:13 pm

the forks, shock, and linkage are all at RG3 for a make over. they are telling me no more than two weeks before we get them back. this will be a long two weeks! it will give me time to do the other mods but without forks and a shock it will be very difficult to test anything in the process.
    crfsonly
    Owner

by crfsonly » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:24 pm

i picked up the susupension from rg3 today. the forks and shock look awesome! this is as good as rg3, and hence, suspension gets this side of a factory team backing you.

i'll be posting pictures soon.

ken
    crfsonly
    Owner

by crfsonly » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:49 pm

Here's some pictures of the suspension:

can't wait to get a ride in to check them out. ride report will hopefully be saturday or monday.

ken
  • Dust Devil

by Dust Devil » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:39 am

Very nice.
  • spikegomez

Re: Suspension

by spikegomez » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:05 am

crfsonly wrote:RG3 will be doing the suspension work for the project bike. We'll be delivering the forks, shock, and linkage to them tomorrow.

They will completely rebuild them with proper valving and spring rates. In addition are going to diamond coat the surfaces to reduce stiction. These should be as close to factory suspension as possible and not be a factory rider.

I'll post photos of the suspension once we get them back.

Ken

Wow, enjoy it... have fun.. see the pic son...