Locked 62 posts
Appearance modifications
  • Old Dude

by Old Dude » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:46 am

My opinion. I think black rims and tires make the bike look heavy. Don't bother anodizing the frame or swingarm. Time involved, (complete tear down, process and rebuild) function, durability; not practical. Aside from the fact that the aluminum looks trick on its own, it's something that that the wear and tear on cannot be easily repaired (like plastic). The bare aluminum hides a multitude of scratches and dings that would stand out like a sore thumb on anodizing.
    Keep it simple, reliable, classy, racey, and fun, just like CRF'sonly .com.
    These debates could go on forever. Not all of everyone's suggestions will be put onto this labor of love, it's a group effort. Some may not see any of theirs on it. But we all have had the opportunity to voice our opinions and will have been heard. I am impressed with the maturity of the discussion and am proud to be a contributing member of this forum. I'm glad that the final decision will not be my responsibility and I trust that Ken will chose wisely. The final result will not only look great but will surely be a reflection of the members of this forum and will be an outstanding off-road/trail bike.
    That kinda sounds like a farewell speech don't it . Sorry to disappoint you.
    Bottom line: let's build it!
    '06 250X: http://crfsonly.com/forum/garage.php?mo ... le&CID=386
    '03 CRF230
    '04 CRF230
    '08 750 Shadow Spirit
    '01 Polaris Sportsman 600
    '03 CRF50
    '04 KLX110
    Kazuma Falcon90
  • Socal X Rider

by Socal X Rider » Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:28 pm

I really like the David Bailey retro look with gold wheels on page 2. The gold wheels tie in nicely with the forks.
    05 CRF450X
    02 RM250
    00 ZR-7
Locked 62 posts