Locked 38 posts
Model Selection - COMPLETED!
  • Which CRF model should CRF's Only build?

CRF50
    No votes
    CRF70
    No votes
    CRF80
    No votes
    CRF100
    No votes
    CRF150
    2%
    CRF230
    5%
    CRF250R
    2%
    CRF450R
    9%
    CRF250X
    4%
    CRF450X
    78%

Total votes: 55
    crfsonly
    Owner

by crfsonly » Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:45 pm

optaylor...are you a graphic artist or have skills in this area?

i too would like to do that...we have two graphics kits available now but neither has a "blow you mind" look to them.

ken
    Roady

by Roady » Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:48 pm

Do we know how/where the bike will be tested? If they are looking for something to test on a track vs. off road, it should influence our choice. Without factoring that in, my choice is the 450X also.

How sweet it would be to buy a copy for my buddy (since I know the X will win :-) who will argue till the cows come home about how much better of a bike the 450R is than the X for desert even though I don't think he has ever ridden either one.
    It is a good day to ride
    '05 CRF 450X / '07 300X(C-w) / '08 690R Enduro
    crfsonly
    Owner

by crfsonly » Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:56 pm

i'm assuming they will test the bike according to the designed purpose of the bike. for example, if the board selected the 450R as the bike model but then decided we should supermoto the bike i doubt they'd test it on a supercross track and ding us for how poorly it handles jumps.

fortunately, they'll be testing in So Cal so there's a bit of everything down here so anything we build there will be opportunities for them to test it.

ken
    optaylor

by optaylor » Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:46 pm

I worked as an Combat Photographer for 15 years and then a Graphic Designer in the military for 8 or so years prior to entering into the IT System Administrator gig. Hard to believe I have been in for 25 years already...I Digress.... I think look will garner important points as well as performance. Not to say that anyone here takes looks into account........cheap smiley face crap.....but I would enjoy offering a few Ideas. Drop me a line and we can talk about Software, file types. and styles. I just cant type or spell.......lol

OP
    If all life is a stage, you would think someone would pick up the mic cords . They are a tripping hazard!
    crfsonly
    Owner

by crfsonly » Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:48 pm

op...we'll do. once we get the bike selected, the type of bike we're building, and modification, we'll be able to look at appearance.

thanks for the offer...ken
    crfsonly
    Owner

by crfsonly » Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:00 pm

just some heads up...bike selection poll closes at 9PM PT. currently the 450X is the clear leader and barring any third world voting irregularities looks to be the majority winner by those who voiced their opinion.

shortly after 9PM PT you'll see a new thread asking for input on the type of bike to build. for example, supermoto, mx, dual-sport, desert, or off-road/trail. let me know if you think i've missed a category in my list.

that poll will be short lived (24 hours or less) so we can get to specifying the modifications for the target application. at this point i'll have a modification forum with individual threads for each type of modification necessary for the build.

we have very little time to put this together so check back often and make sure your thoughts are captured. in the end this bike will be a representation of just how incredible this community and the honda CRF really is. lets blow the testers away with both!

ken

let me know which
  • JoePezz

by JoePezz » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:33 pm

I would have to vote 450X. My dad has one and it is sick. I'd love to see a completely done up one.

Although a '06 250R would be amazing, i think the 450X would be a better project.[/url]
    crfsonly
    Owner

by crfsonly » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:16 pm

CONGRATS team! The bike has been selected and will be a CRF450X! thanks to everyone who participated in this part of the project. now that we have a platform we'll move on to the next step which is determining what kind of a 450X we'll build.

this next part is NOT just for those with a 450X. this is a crf's only message board project bike so everyone is needed.

this thread on bike selection is closed as we move to the next phase. here's a link to the next thread.

ken
Locked 38 posts