Fitness compared
    jlee_evans

Fitness compared

by jlee_evans » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:53 pm

New to the bike world, I've got abou 15 years of experience on quads though :P, but I'm just a baby on my 450X for now. I'm not sure if there's a lot of people on here to answer this, but I'm going to assume that I'm assuming correctly hahaha. Would ya'll say that trail riding on a bike would roughly require about the same fitness plan as a quad? I would guess it would, except maybe a little more in the legs and arms, and possibly more endurance. That's my guess since I seem to wear down a lot quicker on the bike than I'm used to. But it could just be where I'm new to riding it and haven't learned to conserve energy yet and I'm too tense all the time. Let me know what ya think.
  • bullitproof gimp

by bullitproof gimp » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:48 am

i would say u need the same fitness just diffrent areas the tenseness IS whats wearing you out but its natrual to be nervous pay attension to when you relaxed so you can reproduce this during when you are tense i know from ridinr sport quads that it take just as much if not more body english to work it through the tight stuff maybe try a little less english on everything
    jlee_evans

by jlee_evans » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:59 pm

yea I took it on a couple rides this weekend, I went through a few long stretches of loose gravel and some sand as well, it got really "jumpy" with me. I had a death grip on the bars, then I decided to ease up a bit and allow some slack, that was ten times better, the bike almost rides itself, I'm just expecting it to need more I suppose.