BACK PROBLEMS
    lightflight

BACK PROBLEMS

by lightflight » Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:03 am

my back is temp. out of order. it is the left side that im having problems with. if you know any thing i can do to loosen it up and work it out let me know. thanks
    JAWS

by JAWS » Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:06 am

Chiro??

Joe
    '05 CRF450X,McClain suspension, Cycra Probends, Pastrana FMX Pro Tapers,BRP Sub mount & Scotts stabilizer.See carb sticky for more
  • Wingman

by Wingman » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:22 am

You can probably forget the "temp" part of your statement. It seems once you have a back problem you will always have a back problem. The pain may go away for weeks, months or maybe years ......... it will return. Trust me!

Depending on how bad, depends on what you do to loosen it up. With mine, it's a good hot shower, followed by bending side to side, front to back, followed by a walk, followed with another hot shower.

Of course the pain killers help some to :D

Good luck!
    lightflight

by lightflight » Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:35 pm

yeah the pain killer is my new best friend. it all started when i was putting on my socks this morning...i bent over and ahhhh!!! what more can i say. i've been stretching it out touching toes and the works which helps but if i rest its in knotts again. thanks for the comments i appreciate it.
    lightflight

by lightflight » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:36 pm

nothing better then a back rub and the spa!
    Jim

back

by Jim » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:57 am

Lightflight,

I have found doing pre-weight lifting type stretches have done wonders for my back. I also do stretches to keep my neck and shoulders loose, and one other exercise that keeps the wrists in shape for arm pump. Takes about 10-15 minutes. I follow it up with a walk or jog for endurance (total 1 hour a night / 3-4 nights a week).

I am getting older, so I feel obligated to do this stuff regardless of rather I ride or not.
    Jim
    ------------
    2005 CRF450X
    Protapers/Applied
    Big Gun Evo X
    Fastway 3 Pegs
    Cycra Pro-bends
    Re-jet/Open Air Box
    Twin Air Power Flow Kit
  • WillCRF

by WillCRF » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:07 pm

lightflight,

The older I get (sitting on 45) the more I dedicate to stretching in my workout routines. Like you, I had issues with my back. I would throw it out doing casual maneuvers. One time I threw it out brushing my teeth; not kidding.

This might sound goofy but my wife bought me a few years ago a book on yoga. I went through the book and picked out several moves to put a 15 minute routine together. Since I have been doing this 2 -3 times per week, I have had no problems.

Oddly enough I was so focused on my back I forgot about the rest of my body. This summer I had a pinched nerve in my neck sneak up on me. There was no pain but my right arm started getting weaker and weaker. Finally this condition was confirmed with an MRI and through therapy (mostly stretching) and a spinal injection, I have gotten the muscle mass and strength back in the right arm.

Don't underestimate the benefits of stretching. It will keep you on that bike for years to come.
    '05 450x (Rekluse)
    '07 KTM 250XC-W (Rekluse)
    '05 KTM 200exc (Son #2)
    '06 KTM 200xc (Son #1)
    Eric Mac

by Eric Mac » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:15 am

I have found that my lower back issues usually stem from my hamstrings being to tight from not stretching enough. A good stretch to loosen the hammys and the lower back up is as follows:

Lay on your back with your feet most of the way through a doorway and your body to one side, so your thigh is touching the door jam. Raise your leg so it is up in the air and put your foot on the door jam and stretch. As you loosen up, gradually slide your body further throught the door until your hammys are good and stretched. You should be able to get your foot past 90 degrees, repeat for three reps on each side.
    $1500 worth of mods to realize I cant buy skill!
  • Baldy00

by Baldy00 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:32 am

lightflight.............I had severe back problems in the past. The best thing that you can do is to see an orthopedic. If you get a referal from your dr. it will save you allot of money. If you have no serious issues with your back they will put through some physical therapy (also covered by insurance with the same referal) Believe it or not the best way to relieve pressure from your back is to strengthen your abs. Proper stretching and a good ab routine will make a world of difference.

Please do yourself a favor and stay away from the back quacks (chiropracters) They will only give you temparary relief. Like cracking you knuckles only feels good for a little while then you crack them some more.

Another piece of advice would be to take glucosamine(sp?) It strengthens the tendins and ligaments.

I hope this helps.
    whoya

by whoya » Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:39 am

You ever see those papers the quack gives you? They are full of stretching exercises. The problem is most people go to the Chiro and walk out feeling better and never do any of the stretching or strengthening necessary to compliment the adjustments.
    01' WR250F mods and dollars added
    06' 450X
  • grehamjones

by grehamjones » Wed May 19, 2010 2:30 am

You can tale a pillow when you can go for Sleeping and put in between the knees while lying on one side may increase comfort.Many people with back pain find that using either hot or cold compression packs helps reduce pain.If your low back pain has lasted longer than 3 months, you will probably benefit from more intensive treatment.
  • jackmartinn55

Back pain

by jackmartinn55 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:10 am

Back side of our body is a main part of body. Back pain is a serious matter. It is so painful. It is depend on your sleep habit, how to you sleep on bed, it is also depend on you work style. Pain killer is a temporary option. It is harmful to our body. Take bed rest is a best option in back pain. Also contact physiotherapist for back pain.
    instigator

by instigator » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:11 pm

Reduce movement, and Ice, ice, ice. I just got over lower back problem, I thought it would never end, but it usually takes two weeks or so with limited movement to start feeling good again. And don't start to play again until you have started stretching and using your core muscles for everyday movement.

Instigator
    06' 450X
    pro circuit T-4
    Jd Kit
    smog block-off
    the "works" for guards

LET'S ROLL!
  • jfgjr

by jfgjr » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:04 am

Lots of good input! Waiting to hear about the damage in my back........
  • Asmith

by Asmith » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:52 am

jfgjr wrote:Lots of good input! Waiting to hear about the damage in my back........

I sure hope the news is good Joe... 8)