CRF300L Torque Specs
  • Cobretti

CRF300L Torque Specs

by Cobretti » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:42 am

Hello everyone,

Would anyone out there know the torque specs for the front, rear rotors and the sprocket? I bought a new set of rims to quick swap out between mud tires and street tires. Thank you for your help!
    JimDirt

Re: CRF300L Torque Specs

by JimDirt » Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:19 am

It is the same for 250's up to 450's as they all use the same bolts

Front Rotor ... 16Nm/12 ft. lbs.

Rear Rotor ... 16Nm/12 ft. lbs.

Rear Sprocket ... 32Nm/24 ft. lbs.
    2020 CRF450R
    2006 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho
  • Cobretti

by Cobretti » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:43 am

Thank you! I’m in a bit of trouble. Over the weekend I got torque specs from the dealer who told me 20 ft lbs front rotor.

Thinking this was going to be easy I hand tightened the 6 bolts in and then torqued them. Two of them sheared off in the hub. I didn’t know it happened to the first one because I didn’t feel it.

Needless to say I’m super upset. A friend of mine is a machinist so it’s currently at his shop. Hopefully he can removed the broken screws.
    JimDirt

by JimDirt » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:16 am

Well that sucks .... Why they would give you that high of torque is beyond me , that is almost double of what they should be torqued to , I personally would make them cover the cost of extracting the broken bolts and I would also make them replace every bolt that they torqued with new ones , as most likely the remaining ones are stretched and compromised now , and I would not trust using them ..... that is about the best thing I can offer as far as a solution .... , but that was way too much torque for those size bolts ....
    2020 CRF450R
    2006 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho
  • Cobretti

by Cobretti » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:33 am

I’m going to call the dealership today. I have a feeling they’re going to deny giving me the spec sheet and telling me 20 ft lbs.

I ordered the new bolts right after it happened. I haven’t heard from my friend yet on the bolt extractions. I hope it’s going well.
    JimDirt

by JimDirt » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:45 am

Yea ... Hopefully they come clean , especially if you mention the persons name that gave you the specs .... since you physically did the torquing , they may be able to skate from admitting responsibility , but I would mention to them that they gave you the specs and you followed their instructions , as you did not have the specs and were relying on their knowledge and info to do the job correctly , so ultimately , it should be their responsibility , and they should cover any damage done including the labor cost for you to have the bolts extracted , as well as the cost of , or direct replacement to you of all new bolts .... and let them know that their reputation hangs in the balance of their decision to take care of this issue that their technician caused by giving you incorrect info ...
    2020 CRF450R
    2006 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho
  • Cobretti

by Cobretti » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:25 pm

They apologized but that’s as far as it went. Fortunately my friend was able to remove all the broken bolts. So now I’m back in business. Thank you for your Torque Specs. We used them putting everything back together again.