Exhaust
  • Meclinton

Exhaust

by Meclinton » Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:01 pm

I bought my 2017 crf250r yesterday and I’m coming here to ask about exhaust options what have y’all run and what sounds good and what doesn’t. Not looking to make the bike any louder or obnoxious. What do y’all think?
    JimDirt

Re: Exhaust

by JimDirt » Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:30 am

I bought my 2017 crf250r yesterday and I’m coming here to ask about exhaust options what have y’all run and what sounds good and what doesn’t. Not looking to make the bike any louder or obnoxious. What do y’all think?
    Welcome to the site !! \:D/

What are your goal with the exhaust ??? , Looks ?? , Sound ?? , Performance ?? , Cost ?? , Spark Arrestors ??

Depending on your goals , you may want a full system in either Stainless or Titanium (big price difference between the 2) , or a slip on , or just a Endcap that provides a spark arrestor ..... ,

What are you going to do with the bike ?? , ride tracks only ?? , ride off road only ?? , or a combo of both ??

There are as many variables as there are price ranges and gains and losses with changing the exhaust .... there is no ... "get this and your done" , as what works for you might not be someone else's needs

I personally have a Full Titanium Yoshimura system on my 2020 450R , I got it slightly used (10 hours) for $900.00 shipped , the cost "new" is $1,470.00 , it gave a ton of bottom end and mid pull (more than I wanted , now I am trying to find ways of mellowing the bike back out , as it wears you out now it has so much torque , I looked at FMF and Pro Circuit and they gave too much power and most were single exhaust , which I did not want because of the weight centralization that the duals give .... But I also opted for a used 450R muffler only ($25.00) and a Pro Moto Billet Endcap ($160.00), to get a slight performance gain and a spark arrestor at a very affordable cost for my 06 450X , which is mainly ridden in 2nd or 3rd gear on trails , and once in a while I take it to the track just for kicks .... So like I mentioned , your needs and budget can make your purchase vary widely , from adding a simple Spark Arrestor Endcap to your stock system for $160 , to spending upwards of $1,500.00 , and then you have the pipe themselves , some save weight , some weigh the same or more than stock , some help with bottom end only , some help with top end only , others fall somewhere in between , some even give less power than stock ....

Again ... Lots of variables depending on your needs and budget ..... , hopefully that gives you some idea's , or opens up more questions to ask yourself and/or here , to get you what you are looking to gain or achieve , ... :-k
    2020 CRF450R
    2006 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho
  • Meclinton

by Meclinton » Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:36 am

Welcome to the site !! \:D/

What are your goal with the exhaust ??? , Looks ?? , Sound ?? , Performance ?? , Cost ?? , Spark Arrestors ??

Depending on your goals , you may want a full system in either Stainless or Titanium (big price difference between the 2) , or a slip on , or just a Endcap that provides a spark arrestor ..... ,

What are you going to do with the bike ?? , ride tracks only ?? , ride off road only ?? , or a combo of both ??

There are as many variables as there are price ranges and gains and losses with changing the exhaust .... there is no ... "get this and your done" , as what works for you might not be someone else's needs

I personally have a Full Titanium Yoshimura system on my 2020 450R , I got it slightly used (10 hours) for $900.00 shipped , the cost "new" is $1,470.00 , it gave a ton of bottom end and mid pull (more than I wanted , now I am trying to find ways of mellowing the bike back out , as it wears you out now it has so much torque , I looked at FMF and Pro Circuit and they gave too much power and most were single exhaust , which I did not want because of the weight centralization that the duals give .... But I also opted for a used 450R muffler only ($25.00) and a Pro Moto Billet Endcap ($160.00), to get a slight performance gain and a spark arrestor at a very affordable cost for my 06 450X , which is mainly ridden in 2nd or 3rd gear on trails , and once in a while I take it to the track just for kicks .... So like I mentioned , your needs and budget can make your purchase vary widely , from adding a simple Spark Arrestor Endcap to your stock system for $160 , to spending upwards of $1,500.00 , and then you have the pipe themselves , some save weight , some weigh the same or more than stock , some help with bottom end only , some help with top end only , others fall somewhere in between , some even give less power than stock ....

Again ... Lots of variables depending on your needs and budget ..... , hopefully that gives you some idea's , or opens up more questions to ask yourself and/or here , to get you what you are looking to gain or achieve , ... :-k

I’m mainly trail riding the bike, price isn’t an issue to me, and I would prefer a full system I have the dual exhaust as well and I would like to keep the duals. I’m just not sure on what brand is best for me i like the looks of all the brands I just don’t want something that will make the bike sound clapped out if you know what I’m trying to say. Thank you for that little bit of info!
    JimDirt

by JimDirt » Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:30 pm

For just trail riding anything with a spark arrestor will do ... but sound wise , most are much louder than stock , in that respect , that is where the PMB Endcap comes in , it just slightly opens your stock system , so its a slight bit louder , but not obnoxious , real close to stock sounding , and they have a Quiet Insert that will redirect the sound to the ground and has a smaller hole (you would need 2 of the Endcaps as well as the inserts) , this will quiet it even more and make anyone who may complain about loud bikes a bit happier ... The Yosh system is pleasant sounding to me , I do not like loud bikes , like how the Kawi's are stock , they are annoyingly loud to me , they are just plain annoying when they go by or you are behind one .... but my 20 sounds just a little throatier than stock , but by no means obnoxious , plus the Titanium with Carbon looks cool , and I got the spark arrestors , so I am legal ... , if you don't want to fork out $1,470 for the Yosh Titanium full system , you can get the Stainless for around $960ish , or a slip on for about $790ish

The Pro Circuit and FMF systems are close to the Yosh in price .... just to me they are louder for some reason and for some reason , their "Slip On" mufflers , seem to want a FMF or Pro Circuit header to fit , as some of them say they will not work with the stock header , so basically you are having to buy a complete system .. not all models of them , but some , so pay attention if you go that route

My Yosh system

2020 CRF450R
    2006 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho
  • Meclinton

by Meclinton » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:50 pm

For just trail riding anything with a spark arrestor will do ... but sound wise , most are much louder than stock , in that respect , that is where the PMB Endcap comes in , it just slightly opens your stock system , so its a slight bit louder , but not obnoxious , real close to stock sounding , and they have a Quiet Insert that will redirect the sound to the ground and has a smaller hole (you would need 2 of the Endcaps as well as the inserts) , this will quiet it even more and make anyone who may complain about loud bikes a bit happier ... The Yosh system is pleasant sounding to me , I do not like loud bikes , like how the Kawi's are stock , they are annoyingly loud to me , they are just plain annoying when they go by or you are behind one .... but my 20 sounds just a little throatier than stock , but by no means obnoxious , plus the Titanium with Carbon looks cool , and I got the spark arrestors , so I am legal ... , if you don't want to fork out $1,470 for the Yosh Titanium full system , you can get the Stainless for around $960ish , or a slip on for about $790ish

The Pro Circuit and FMF systems are close to the Yosh in price .... just to me they are louder for some reason and for some reason , their "Slip On" mufflers , seem to want a FMF or Pro Circuit header to fit , as some of them say they will not work with the stock header , so basically you are having to buy a complete system .. not all models of them , but some , so pay attention if you go that route

My Yosh system

Ok sweet thank you so much! I’m in one of those situations where I’m in a neighborhood before I reach the trails so it has to be quiet in the neighborhood. But as soon as I’m in the woods they can’t do anything about me. I’m most likely going to go the yoshi route thank you again!
    JimDirt

by JimDirt » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:13 am

Yea ... I am happy I made the decision to go that route .... like I said , after hearing all the bikes with the other mufflers , they are just really loud compared to the Yosh , or the stock with the PMB Endcaps ...
    2020 CRF450R
    2006 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho