2005 crf250r carb question
  • Jud

2005 crf250r carb question

by Jud » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:01 pm

Hi everyone, first time post here.

I have ridden Yamahas for a while but recently switched to a Honda. I am planning on doing a JD Jetting kit and the AP mod.

The question I have is if I get the crfsonly new AP kit (the one that is 37 bucks and requires removing the check valve), will that work for a 2005 crf250r? I am familiar with the AP o ring mod on FCR carbs. Will I need to do that in addition to the AP kit, or does the kit just work as is?

Thanks!
    JimDirt

Re: 2005 crf250r carb question

by JimDirt » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:41 pm

Welcome to the site !! \:D/

What kit are you referring to ?? can you post a link ?? , I did not see a AP Mod in the 250R section of the store , so not sure what one you are referencing ...... also Ken the owner would be able to tell you if it will fit or not ..... you can PM (Private Message) him here , where it says ................. PM:Send private message ............................................... https://www.crfsonly.com/forum/memberli ... rofile&u=3
    2020 CRF450R
    2006 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho
  • Jud

by Jud » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:22 pm

Welcome to the site !! \:D/

What kit are you referring to ?? can you post a link ?? , I did not see a AP Mod in the 250R section of the store , so not sure what one you are referencing ...... also Ken the owner would be able to tell you if it will fit or not ..... you can PM (Private Message) him here , where it says ................. PM:Send private message ............................................... https://www.crfsonly.com/forum/memberli ... rofile&u=3
    Thanks JimDirt, I was referring to https://www.crfsonly.com/catalog/produc ... ts_id/3932

Basically what I am looking for is the smaller piston for the AP pump referred to in the how to article for the AP pump mod. I would assume that the AP pump mod is valid for 250rs as it is referred to a bunch on thumper talk.

Thanks for your reply!
    Jud
    JimDirt

by JimDirt » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:28 pm

Yea that is just the pump kit , you still (as far as I know) need to do the AP Spring Mod with the O-Ring , that should get rid of any bog/hesitation , as long as you are jetted correctly for your elevation .....

leardriver is the carb guru around here , and Ken (the owner) can tell you as well (which is why I gave the PM link to him) if you need more detailed info , they are the ones to ask ....especially leardriver , he knows his stuff about carbs and EFI
    2020 CRF450R
    2006 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho