CRF100 V-clip above needle
  • Sumonoobo

CRF100 V-clip above needle

by Sumonoobo » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:08 pm

Hey ya'll, I was jetting my nephews 100 and noticed there is a little v-clip (not the needle clip) that's supposed to secure the throttle cable to the needle. Well this one fell out and I have no idea how its supposed to co back in. If someone could reply with a picture or explain how the clip is supposed to fit in there I would appreciate it. I tried doing searches using various keywords but either Im not using the right ones or this hasn't been discussed before.

Thanks
  • Back2-2

Re: CRF100 V-clip above needle

by Back2-2 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:25 pm

Hello, I do not have a picture but can try to give you a idea where the "V" clip goes. Down in on top of the small circular piece that sits on top of where the cable end goes. It sits flat on that circular piece. The clips curled ends go against the slide innner sides giving the tension needed to hold the circular piece down against the slide base which then holds the circular piece in place and the spring goes on top of that holding it all together.

Not sure if that helps you or not. Jim should be along and probably can give you a picture.
    Maybe going to a parts schematic of your carb will make what I am describing clearer. There are parts schematic here on CRF's or many parts retailers online.
    Neil
    Black Hills of SD
    Life without Motorcycles would just be boring, really boring
    Honda 450X. Yamaha Tracer GT900. HD Fat Boy. Triumph Bonneville. Yamaha Majesty 400. Yamaha Grizzly. Yamaha Wolverine. Yamaha TW200
  • Sumonoobo

by Sumonoobo » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:47 pm

I sat down with a beer and was able to figure it out, but thank you for replying! Little thing runs great with my fat rear on it lol
  • Back2-2

by Back2-2 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:05 pm

Excellent! A beer and some heavy thinking always works for me too.

Have fun, ride safe and don't be a stranger.
    Neil
    Black Hills of SD
    Life without Motorcycles would just be boring, really boring
    Honda 450X. Yamaha Tracer GT900. HD Fat Boy. Triumph Bonneville. Yamaha Majesty 400. Yamaha Grizzly. Yamaha Wolverine. Yamaha TW200