MOOSE RACING JETTING stage 2
  • mayan15

MOOSE RACING JETTING stage 2

by mayan15 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:42 am

Hi.
    I had installd an moose racing dynojet stage 2 carb kit that includ needle and jets.
    just like the instruction I put everything toghther and trun the air fuel mixture like they said now in
    high rpm the bike has some feeling of power cut and some backfires and after sec its come back. (it start very good even when it cold)
    what i can do to make it run smoothely?
    turn to more rich\ lean mixture?
    THE BIKE:
    crf250x 2009
    yoshimura full system
    after market filter
  • Leardriver

Re: MOOSE RACING JETTING stage 2

by Leardriver » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:23 pm

What you need is the correct fuel mixture. That could mean buying a kit, or just asking what jets to start with, which for your bike is a 42 pilot and a 155 main. Moose sizes may be different.
    The whole stage one/stage two thing sounds like marketing. You either have an air/fuel ratio of 13.0 to 1 or you don't. Nobody would intentionally give you parts that have the wrong ratio, just so they could sell you a stage two kit with the correct jets.

So, what jets do you have in there? What altitude? Is the airbox opened up?

A bike that starts too well cold is probably a little rich on the pilot/fuel screw circuit.
  • mayan15

Re: MOOSE RACING JETTING stage 2

by mayan15 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:46 am

What you need is the correct fuel mixture. That could mean buying a kit, or just asking what jets to start with, which for your bike is a 42 pilot and a 155 main. Moose sizes may be different.
    The whole stage one/stage two thing sounds like marketing. You either have an air/fuel ratio of 13.0 to 1 or you don't. Nobody would intentionally give you parts that have the wrong ratio, just so they could sell you a stage two kit with the correct jets.

So, what jets do you have in there? What altitude? Is the airbox opened up?

A bike that starts too well cold is probably a little rich on the pilot/fuel screw circuit.
    I have right now an CJ134, im in something like 1000ft altitude and the airbox isnt open but i have an aftermarket filter and an full system yoshimura exhaust.
    what you think i need?