Complete Rear suspension linkage
  • Jayp

Complete Rear suspension linkage

by Jayp » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:26 am

I just bought a 2013 crf 450r and the rear suspension linkage will need replaced (or bearings put in) I’d like to just buy a new one but having a hard time finding one for this year. My question is what years will work on this 2013. And also the bolt that bolts to the frame (A arm) is missing any idea what size bolt it is so I can find one locally. Thanks for any help
    JimDirt

Re: Complete Rear suspension linkage

by JimDirt » Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:08 am

Welcome to the site !! \:D/

Can you post a picture of what parts you are specifically talking about ?? (you need a image hosting site like IMGUR , you make a account (free) you upload your pic to that , they click on the pic and it will have some links on the right side , you click on one of the links where it says COPY and then paste it here in your post (the one that says for forums and message boards)

There are several parts to the linkage , and I am unsure what bolt you are referring to , is it the main swingarm bolt ?? , the bolt that holds the shock to the linkage ?? , the bolt that holds the linkage to the swingarm ?? , or the bolt that holds the dogbone to the frame of the bike ??

You can buy the bearing kit to do the complete linkage and do it yourself if you are mechanically inclined , but if you buy them used on EBay they will still most likely need bearings replaced , if you buy them all new , it will cost a lot of money but they should all be available from Honda .... I would also highly recommend a Owners or Service Manual so you can do the job correctly and torque everything how it needs to be done ....
    2020 CRF450R
    2006 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho