2021 CRF125F Rear Shock / Spring
  • TheCRFHaus

2021 CRF125F Rear Shock / Spring

by TheCRFHaus » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:52 pm

First post and newbie... Purchased a 2021 CRF125F for my 10yo son. Ended up installing the Kouba Link 1.75" lowering kit which effectively dropped the seat to a height that he can better manage. Only to discover that the OEM rear shock is not adjustable for sag and additionally is too stiff for his mere 85lbs (including gear). The bike beats him up and wears him out because there is little to no give. Looking for some guidance on an aftermarket rear shock (sag adjustable or not), but more importantly have a soft enough spring for a light rider. Seems like all the aftermarket shocks are gear to the "pit bike" scene and all have significantly stiffer springs rates geared towards larger adult riders.

Just out of curiosity.... does anyone know the approximate spring rate for the stock rear shock on a new CRF125F? This may give me some perspective as I research the aftermarket. Thank you in advance for your input and help!
    JimDirt

Re: 2021 CRF125F Rear Shock / Spring

by JimDirt » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:19 pm

Welcome to the site !! \:D/

Unfortunately , the OEM Parts Fiche does not give any rates , it only shows the whole shock , what I would do is call your local dealer and ask them to look in their Factory Service Manual for the bike , hopefully it gives more info than the Parts Fiche , even Race Tech does not list it or a replacement , they do show the fork springs at Race Tech , but nothing on the shock .... I am guessing because it is "unserviceable" :-k
    2020 CRF450R
    2006 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho