Tugger...
    jww

by jww » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:59 pm

Question for those that have it.

I bought one a few months ago. When I put it on the bolts went all the way through and started pushing on the the fender. Do you guys just let it push and tweak the fender or do you drill a hole for it to pass through?
  • Asmith

by Asmith » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:17 pm

jww wrote:Question for those that have it.

I bought one a few months ago. When I put it on the bolts went all the way through and started pushing on the the fender. Do you guys just let it push and tweak the fender or do you drill a hole for it to pass through?

I have two, no issues on either.
    jww

by jww » Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:15 pm

Weird

Would you mind measuring the length of the threads next time you have it off?
  • nedirtbikr

by nedirtbikr » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:18 am

~ wrote:
    jww wrote:Question for those that have it.

I have two, no issues on either.
    I just have the one, but no bolt length issues.
    2006 CRF450R (For Sale)
    A-47753 (Jumpin' dirt and clouds!)
    Proud member of the Hamster Nation!
  • nedirtbikr

by nedirtbikr » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:18 am

jww wrote:Weird

Would you mind measuring the length of the threads next time you have it off?
    Sure will.
    2006 CRF450R (For Sale)
    DarthBEWD

Good so far

by DarthBEWD » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:36 am

Finally got home, and installed my sons and it went on with out any problems and it is a very fine addition. Can't wait to get my bike home and put mine on.
    Money will buy a fine dog, but only kindness will make him wag his tail. If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all
    jww

by jww » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:01 pm

Sorry I semi-jacked the thread earlier. The upside is I get to let you guys know that the manufacturer pm'ed me and it turns out I have the wrong bolts. They are sending some new ones. Point is the product and the manufacturer are both top notch. Definitely money well spent.
  • nedirtbikr

by nedirtbikr » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:41 am

jww wrote:Sorry I semi-jacked the thread earlier. The upside is I get to let you guys know that the manufacturer pm'ed me and it turns out I have the wrong bolts. They are sending some new ones. Point is the product and the manufacturer are both top notch. Definitely money well spent.
    That's great. I was just thinking about you this morning. I have my bikes in storage for the winter and was wondering when I was going to get out there to measure those bolts. Glad you got your answer.
    2006 CRF450R (For Sale)
    jww

by jww » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:39 am

nedirtbikr wrote:storage for the winter .

Words I hope I never have to say. :D
  • nedirtbikr

by nedirtbikr » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:28 pm

jww wrote:
    nedirtbikr wrote:storage for the winter .
    Words I hope I never have to say. :D
    Yep...it sucks, but I choose to live here so I only have myself to blame. There's about a 3 month-ish stretch when we don't ride. Sometimes we get lucky and the weather just gets cold (without the rain and snow.) I DO NOT ride in snow and try to avoid goingout in the rain (depending on how bad I'm Jones'n for a ride.) My riding skills in the mud are awful...I rarely even bother with it when it's too wet.

I'd love to live in the Southwest/West/Northwest (in that order,) but the cost of living and political weirdos running that part of the country just make it not worth it to me. I have been scheming for a while (and continue to scheme) on a visit out that way to ride with the CRFsOnly group. I REALLY hope to do it one day. It would be great to meet my e-friends and ride together.

OOPS! Semi-hijack of my own thread. Time to shut now! Later....
    2006 CRF450R (For Sale)