G2 Ergonomics Throttle Cam System
    Codeman00

G2 Ergonomics Throttle Cam System

by Codeman00 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:31 pm

Has anyone tried the G2 Ergonomics Throttle Cam System? http://www.crfsonly.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/1693
    http://www.g2ergo.com/shop/catalog/Throttle-Cam-Systems-TCS-8-1.html

After all of my mods, the initial crack of the throttle is a little too sensitive for my liking (especially when riding in the woods. After doing a lot of research, I think this is the answer. Has anyone used this product?
    Tombo

by Tombo » Mon May 10, 2010 7:55 pm

I have about 50 hours on the system. Mixed feeling about it.

Pros - The cams make my 450r fun to play with in the woods. Where as be for logs and rocks were dicey at best. Off camber or flat turns are much easier to roll on the gas in. It does what it is supposed to.

Cons - It ate up the throttle tube body, that the cables come into and my bars (slight groove). There is alot of side to side slop, compared to a stock tube. Even with cleaning ever ride, it would often bind.
    Codeman00

by Codeman00 » Tue May 11, 2010 4:49 am

I ended up not getting the G2Ergo Cam system...I just took the O-ring back out from the O-ring mod and the bike went back to rideable again. I realized that I would just be buying something to work against the mod that did, and that didn't make a lot of sense.

I did hear that some of the MX guys use this cam system...so it used out there. Interesting that it didn't work well for you.
  • ccollinscj

by ccollinscj » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:57 pm

Dont care for it, it shortens the full throttle. So if you need it going up a hill you are not getting WOT.