HAAN hub lacing
    runchux

HAAN hub lacing

by runchux » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:24 pm

Hi, its me again.
    Few years ago, I was young and not so smart, so when I was disassembling wheel, I cut cut all spokes with angle grinder, since I tried to unscrew them, but they were seized up, so I didnt bother too much with it, since I new I am going to install all new spokes anyway.
    But when I did that, I did not note anywhere length of them or spoke pattern, which length goes where.
    Can anyone help me with this riddle ?
    I accidentally bought HAAN spokes for OEM hub, and they did not fit. They were too long. Now I am a bit afraid of buying another set until I am certain that they will fit....
    Honda CRF250R 2008
    Haan Hub.
    and THAAAAANKS
    //When in doubt apply more throttle//

JimDirt

Re: HAAN hub lacing

by JimDirt » Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:51 am

Welcome to the site !! \:D/ (late welcoming)

Most any aftermarket spokes will work , (Tusk , Pro Wheel , etc.) however you need to pay attention to the notes on them before buying , as some will say , "will not work with OEM/Stock Hubs" due to the diameter of them , some say you can drill the stock hubs , but you risk the chance of breakage ... With that said ..... The correct lacing is done by inserting the longer spokes (equal number of long and short spokes) in the inner holes (closest to the center of the hub) and the shorter ones in the outward holes (closest to the outside edge of the hub) , there are plenty of videos and tutorials on re-lacing a Honda wheel , follow one of them you you should be good to go , don't overthink it , just keep the threads even and don't tighten the spokes from one side to the other , follow the pattern of keeping the hub centered and the threads sticking out of the nipples even and you should be fine , gradually tighten them evenly , there is a offset , if you have the manual it is shown there , if you don't have one , I can post a picture from it to give you the specs ;)

Here is a tutorial from here)
    viewtopic.php?t=39718
    2020 CRF450R
    2006 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho