CRF125F front chain sprocket gaurd bracket broken
  • Weez

CRF125F front chain sprocket gaurd bracket broken

by Weez » Mon May 31, 2021 11:26 am

Hi All,
    Wondering if anyone has seen this before? Seems like a flimsy design...
    Really disapointed with this, gunna try to have it welded and maybe built up enough to retap.
    You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
    JimDirt

Re: CRF125F front chain sprocket gaurd bracket broken

by JimDirt » Mon May 31, 2021 3:21 pm

It looks like a clean break , so it seem to have snapped off , was the bolt too long or bottomed out ??? , as that is what I think caused it by looking at it ........

I would pull the engine apart and take that empty case to a Aluminum welder , I would think it would be best to completely disassemble the engine to get that side case welded , and free of any seals , bearings , etc. , I would make sure that the welder knows how to do cases , as it will most likely have to be heated evenly with a torch to avoid warping when it is welded I would think (which is why you need the seals and bearings removed)... and I would think he would bolt it down to a table to keep it from warping then leave it till it cools .....(guessing) ....

But unless there was a impact from the chain derailing or something , I don't know how it could have happened , unless as mentioned , it was over tightened or the bolt bottomed out and it put enough pressure on the case to pop it like that
    2020 CRF450R
    2006 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho