My 05' CRF450R finally complete!
  • Doug904

My 05' CRF450R finally complete!

by Doug904 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:06 pm

Hey guys,

I got this bike back in May and that's when it all started. Coming off a YZ125 I found myself with plenty of new power but the looks were so so. Being the huge McGrath fan I am I knew exactly what to do.

With the help of CRF's Only I purchased...

The Rekluse Clutch Pro, cover and new basket.
    JD Jet kit.
    Applied Crankcase vent kit.
    Barnett Clutch plates.
    Tristar Upper and lower Triple clamps 24mm offset.
    Throttle Jockey Peak Honda Replica graphics
    White Plastic from Polisport
    Aluminum foot pegs from Moose I believe
    Muzzy Titanium full Exhaust on clearance( a deal for $275 shipped!)
    Tag bars, transfered from Yamaha
    Bearing throttle tube( I wont say from where because they don't deserve the publicity the way they treated me.)
    Renthal chain and sprockets
    White brothers Talon hubs and Excel wheels complete
    Maxis front and rear tires and Michelin tubes.
    Hammerhead Shifter +10mm
    Ride Engineering fork adjusters
    Showa Compression Adjuster

http://crfsonly.com/forum/album_pic.php?pic_id=1974

http://crfsonly.com/forum/album_pic.php?pic_id=1973
    http://crfsonly.com/forum/album_pic.php?pic_id=1972

I'm sure I've left something out but since in the first race I fell down and broke my foot I've had alot of time with it. The suspension was already revalved with stiff fork and shock springs so I didn't have to mess with that.

All of the parts come in quickly and I had excellent service from CRF's only website orders. I did call them once to talk about the clutch and even they they had excellent knowledge about it and helped me in my selection.

In the first race since my broke foot this weekend I made it off the gate in 3rd, in a 12 bike gate, and around the track fighting for second only to slide in a corner and let the engine die. I didn't raise the idle like described in the Rekluse instructions, yeah like they know something, ahahaa. Still, the bike was a monster on the track with excellent power and easy delivery of it to the ground. I could rail a corner or just blip the throttle over a jump.

I was here alot researching every part and searching through threads, this is my first 4 stroke. I want to say thanks to everyone for their help in this and for your very useful information here on the forums. I hope I can help out too.

Thanks, Doug.
    [/img]

by 124 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:27 am

Doug904 - Welcome to the group. Nice looking machine you have there! But what's up with the black background on the number plates? That's no tiddler...
    70' Honda CT70 (Trail 70; Gold)
    16' KX450
    16' KX85
    12' YZ125
  • fwsteal

by fwsteal » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:59 am

what did the White Plastic from Polisport cost you? I want to put white on my 03 crf450r.
    JAWS

by JAWS » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:46 am

Nice setup! Adjust that idle and let us know for the next race if it went better.
    Joe
    '05 CRF450X,McClain suspension, Cycra Probends, Pastrana FMX Pro Tapers,BRP Sub mount & Scotts stabilizer.See carb sticky for more