did you ride last weekend?
  • ev

did you ride last weekend?

by ev » Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:12 am

seems like nobody here does ride at all :?
    I get to read very few stories about rides
    so tell me, how often do you normally ride? did you ride last weekend? tell me about it, please

we checked out a 'new' private place, Windridge used to be mountainbikes only, now you can take your power mtb if you are a member or a member's guest
    the 1mi Euro style mx track looked pretty neglected, but the sand-clay-mix soil combined with a hillside and tons of rain ...
    so far we found 9-10mi of very single trail, tight turns, switchbacks, some few straights, some steps, some bog rocks all nicely arranged in rolling hills around a little lake
    Gordon, not as tight as the underbrush you love, but I did not cry one tear for the 2 inches I cut off my new bars :P but tight enough a half down little tree knocked me off the bike - have classic uppercut rash on my chin, will send my mother a pic and tell her the Bear beat me up - and tight enough for me to almost be able to hold on to the fast guy on the 450 :P
    the friend that pointed out the place could not come this Sunday but told us all in all he so far found 40mi of trails
    best of all, we had the whole place to ourselves, we rode 2 and 2, met only once on the trails; if you are used to fear Bubba and his riding mower blocks the trail just around the bend ... this is freedom ;)
    we all liked the place very much and when all the OHVs close for winter we will be there a lot

since I now am off Sundays and Mondays, we were in Whissy yesterday, the Bear and Chris were riding all day, I did babysit Chris' wife, she had been on her TTR125L for 2 years and still is barely able to putter, nobody so far bothered to teach her, Chris following her on his KTM smoker only intimidated and somewhat scared her, so in one day we made more progress than in the whole year before, she went up and down hills and did trails she in the morning told me she would not, we laughed a lot, were not to serious about correct technique, just trying to overcome some stupid fears.
    we immediately ran into a huge problem, the girl is 5-7, the TTR is ways too small for her, she is cramped, can hardly get up, keeps accidently knocking it into neutral ... she needs a decent size beginners bike, 1st thing on my mind was CRF230, my X is too high, she can barely tippytoe - do not really understand why, I am her hight and only 10lb heavier - one of the Gartra guys showed up with his new KDX220, Kinzie tried and is on the balls of her feet on both sides, but I did not ask for a test ride with a 90% chance of touchdown on a new bike
    any ideas?
    anyone in north Georgia have the perfect bike for sale?
    anyone looking for a TTR125L?
    wade

ride

by wade » Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:35 am

Yea I rode last Sunday, I usually only get to ride on Sundays so I have to make the most of it. The weather was nice in the 60's but it was lightly raining so I was drenched by the time I was done. Once again I went out to Chadwick with some friends from work.
    Tree....what tree?
    hondafan

by hondafan » Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:09 pm

yes, i did ride saturday. and found a good jump that i could get about 5 ft of air on. no 450's were there so i did get alot of things accomplished! i noticed i am getting better on my bermwork. i only got past my dad a couple of times though. next i am going to try to shift up while riding a wheelie, so maybe i can get a longer one! this sand is sooo fun! you can get a darn good fishtail going @ 50 mph. it was around 60 degrees, so my bike pulled extremely hard.
    2008 crf 450

sold-2001 cr250, 2004 crf150, 2003 cr250, 1991 KX80, 2003 TT-R125
  • dualsporter

by dualsporter » Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:17 pm

(seems like nobody here does ride at all
    I get to read very few stories about rides
    so tell me, how often do you normally ride? did you ride last weekend? tell me about it, please )

I put on over 2,500 miles this summer mostly on forest roads and trails thru the woods but now its hunting season and too cold! so our riding is all but over for the season here :evil: .but now it is time to get the snowmobiles ready for a rip and also they are a blast with 120 + hp at your thumb :o and they make the winter really go by fast .
    the bad part is i only put on about 10 miles on my new crf and i have to wait until next spring to break it in !
    crfsonly
    Owner

by crfsonly » Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:42 pm

i ride at least once a week if not twice. lately i haven't had the time to trailer up and go someplace so i've been just riding in the local foothills. there's tons of great hills and tight single track along with some faster dirt roads...in other words there a little bit of everything. also, a buddy has a smaller motocross track on his property that he allows me to ride on. it's up the dirt road from my house.

i typically ride with my son...or my buddy with the track. i have a couple other friends that ride and we get together every now and then.

i'll be heading out to elsinore and glen helen now that i finally got my '05 450.

my biggest challenge is TIME...not enough of it to go around.
    hondafan

by hondafan » Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:09 pm

what bike does your son have now?
    2008 crf 450

sold-2001 cr250, 2004 crf150, 2003 cr250, 1991 KX80, 2003 TT-R125
  • bpamp

by bpamp » Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:48 am

I've ridden every weekend but one since I got the bike in late August. I ride at an offroad park here in central Indiana that includes lots of sand and gravel in what was originally a quarry, tight woods, dirt roads, bowls, hills, some shallow ponds, and big flat track-like area.

Barbara
  • dnold

by dnold » Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:13 pm

I didn't get to ride this last weekend, I was in Vegas baby!!. Went to the SEMA show. Lot of fun but a little to crowded for my taste.
  • bpamp

by bpamp » Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:15 am

I didn't get to ride this past weekend. Couldn't get the bike started. Turns out the kill switch was faulty; it's being replaced. I really look forward to going every weekend so that was a bummer. Ah, well maybe it was just as well, I had a ton of schoolwork to do...

Bike should be all fixed before this coming weekend... :) :) :)
    wade

starting

by wade » Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:42 pm

Sorry to hear of your troubles, I hope they get it going by this weekend for you. :P
    Tree....what tree?
  • bpamp

by bpamp » Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:47 am

Well, the bike is back up to snuff. The dealer put in a new kill switch, which was apparently messing up ignition circuit. They didn't charge me, either, which was very cool.

If I get enough work done today, I absolutely will be riding tomorrow. At least it's a pleasure to see the bike back home....

Hope everyone gets out on the trail or track or dune or road or whatever this weekend.

Barbara
    crfsonly
    Owner

by crfsonly » Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:45 pm

just got back from riding...and had a blast. the crf450r is an awesome bike! sweet power and loads of it.

enjoy your ride tomorrow barbara!

ken
  • dnold

by dnold » Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:13 pm

Wish I could go riding tomorrow but it is only supposed to be like 45 deg and breezy here tomorrow. Yeah I'm kind of a fair weather rider I guess. Still hoping for a couple of 60 deg days yet this year so I can try out my new back tire!
  • ev

by ev » Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:18 pm

wish you some nice 'warm' days, dnold

here thermometers finally dropped below 75, it is nice and cool, locals already wear jackets :lol:
    we'll be out riding mtb-trails tomorrow, no riding trailblocks with us this time, only two of us, both fond of tight stuff

with a little luck I get the BBBeast's footpegs back tomorrow and can take it riding Monday
  • bpamp

by bpamp » Sat Nov 13, 2004 8:33 pm

Yahoo. I just spent, like, 12 straight hours revising my thesis and I'm finally done! I still have a pile of work to do before Tuesday but I'm going to reward myself with a ride tomorrow. It's supposed to be in the low 50's but sunny. It should be nice.

Have a fine day, folks.

Barbara