OLN AMA Motocross Coverage
  • Do you like the OLN coverage?

Poll ended at Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:51 am

NO. The coverage stinks and should be picked up by another network
    75%
    YES. OLN should continue to get the business.
    25%

Total votes: 4

OLN AMA Motocross Coverage

by 124 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:51 am

How many of you think that OLN is doing a good job with the National coverage and should continue?
    crfsonly
    Owner

by crfsonly » Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:45 pm

there's a lot to praise in their coverage. first, they are covering it! i'll take that over nothing at all any day. second, i do enjoy the commentary during the race. i disagree at times with it but it's entertaining for the most part. third, the camera work is actually not too bad. they have caught on film many of the important incidents this year (bubba coming for a landing at RCX aka Ricky Charmichael International Airport).

there's also some things that need changing. first, why wait weeks before airing the race? we'd all love to see it live so go live. if live isn't a possibility than make sure it's aired BEFORE the next race in the series. second, they need to air the MX and MX lites (yes, i'm working on the getting the new names down too), back-to-back. the other thing i'd like to see more of is in the pits bike work. if you've ever seen drag race coverage they go into the pits and show some coverage of the mechanics preparing for the next race. i'd like to see that kind of coverage too. how about some gate interviews like they do in road racing? i don't recall any helmet cams either. also, how about some speed shots...in road racing they have a cam set up looking perpendicular to the track and it's just there so you the director can throw in some shots to remind everyone how fast these guys are really going...i'd like to see this in mx as well. plus, we need to hear more track noise. in the first turn they should have that mic'd like no other. when there's a pile up it would be nice to get some audio of all the 'gee, i'm sorry about that...here, let me help you with your bike' comments from the racers. i could go on an on. i'm interested in hearing your suggestions. i'll package them up and send them to the producer.

ken
    motokid54

by motokid54 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:15 am

ken you hit the nail square on the head.
    I've gone to broome-tioga (binghamton) the last two years in a row the work they do on the bikes every weekend is increidble I stay at the same hotel as most of the semis do (kawisiaki, motoworld suzuki, team honda, another site honda, K-dub and his one man show, ecc honda, unbound energy and the rest i cant rember.) in 04 I watched the kawi mc's doing three top ends under an ez-up by the semis in the hotel parking lot. (which was weird b/c they have two factoriy riders) which I think people should realize this before they bring their bike to the track and beat their engine like bubba not knowing that a new top end goes into that bike every! weekend pit coverage would be great And it would be crazy to know what rc was screaming at bubba when he pulled his bike off of his and the split week coverage is bad but better than no coverage at all
    '04 crf 150, msr dominator bars, cyrca stealth hand shields, renthaul full dimond grips, new tires, Twin air dual stage air filter, FMF power core 4 exhaust, uncorked air box, 13,50 gearing,non-o-ring competition chain, ebc brake shoes
  • sct06

by sct06 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:29 am

well I dont really like the coverage but hey its Motocross and its better then nothing. I would rather see it on Speed channel but hey I'll watch it.