CRF50F tries to die when you blip throttle
  • RoostYourFace

CRF50F tries to die when you blip throttle

by RoostYourFace » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:08 pm

Alright guru's figure this one out. I got a good deal on a low hour clean 2007 crf50f. Looks new! I noticed the issue before I bought it but thought for sure the carb just needed cleaned out. When I got home that's what I did was clean the carb out. Didn't work. Well lucky for me I already have another crf50f that runs awesome and my boys ride it all the time. So I swapped that carb onto it and it still didn't fix it. So I kept swapping parts over figuring I would figure it out eventually. Nope. So it now has the carb, coil, plug, and CDI box of the good running bike. No dice. I readjusted the valves too which were fine already. No dice. Is this a Magneto problem possibly or timing maybe? It stars great but does not idle very long. It rev's up fine when you ease into it the whole way up the rpm range but if you go full throttle from idle it will die. You can barely keep it running when trying to ride it. It does not smoke or leak anything. And on a side note it seems like there may be air coming out of the carb when you try to rev the bike? Like the opposite direction it is supposed to suck air from. That is why I tried adjusting the valves. I thought maybe the intake valve was hanging open. I backed off the valve till it was ticking and still felt like air was coming out of the back of the carb? Not much but it felt that way. Also I put the carb, coil, plug and CDI off the one I just bought on the good running one I already had and it still runs great like always. So I know for a fact it is not those items.
  • ANYTHNGFAST

by ANYTHNGFAST » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:24 pm

Bad fuel? Air leak intake boot? Blown head/ jug gasket?