Cajon Pass
  • Dave M

Cajon Pass

by Dave M » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:37 am

When you are going north up the pass you can see trails and sometimes riders off to the right side of the 15 fwy. Has any one ever ridden there?
    stafford9611

by stafford9611 » Mon May 01, 2006 11:14 am

Its a fun place to ride with a little bit of everything, some single track and some good hill climbs and a few sand wash's.
    crfsonly
    Owner

by crfsonly » Mon May 01, 2006 2:21 pm

i've ridden there tons. i don't always start at that staging area off to the east of I-15 however.

as mentioned there are lots of variety. some great hill climbs. also, it and get busy on the weekends...during the week hardly a soul there.

ken
  • Dirtclod

Re: Cajon Pass

by Dirtclod » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:49 pm

Dave M wrote:When you are going north up the pass you can see trails and sometimes riders off to the right side of the 15 fwy. Has any one ever ridden there?

Baldy Mesa is the name of it. Exit #15 if your headed North at the #138 as you come to the stop sign look straight across the road your see a dirt road that runs just to the right of the#15 Fwy north follow it till your just underneath the train tracks thats the staging area you'll need a adventure pass.Some times there are maps in the box if not theres a large map there to view.You can ride the tops of the ridges or just take the dirt road around.Just keep in mind where the Fwy is you won't get lost.PM me if you have question I have a map of the area.You can also exit Cleghorn and stage there to.
    NCLR1

by NCLR1 » Wed May 16, 2007 12:14 pm

Looks like I am bringing this one back from the dead. But, I have been riding this area for awhile now. I haven't taken that trail that is right across from the exit yet though. I have ridden on both sides of the 15 and I have to say that the western side is killer. It has this sandy hill climb that is insane. You would know it if you have seen it. It's back around the corner almost where the houses are. You can see El Mirage in the distance. Some guys have told me that there are trails leading to the eastern side of El Mirage, behind the hills. Anyone know about this?
    Tony C