Lights
  • yoshi450r

Lights

by yoshi450r » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:48 am

Hey everyone, I'm a newbie here. Lots of very helpful info. I just picked up a 2016 crf450R, my plan is to get it road legal so I can ride back roads and trails with my friends. After research I figured out I need a stator upgrade since stock won't produce enough power for lights, horn and other legal crap. I went with the RICKY STATOR upgrade with wire plug for lights. I can't seem to find any model specific kits for this bike so I could just plug in and go, plenty for the 2016 450x models......would the 450x model kits work? or are the wire harness different? I don't really wanna start cutting and splicing wires. Tusk has many kits but not for the R model. Whats everyone else using? Thanks!
    JimDirt

Re: Lights

by JimDirt » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:27 am

Welcome to the site !! \:D/

The 450X uses a battery and charging system , without that you can't "interchange" parts , so basically , no the kit for the 450R would be different than the 450X ......With that said , have you tried contacting Baja Designs ?? , they should make a kit for it , or several for different budgets depending on your lighting needs ....

If they do not have a specific "kit" they should be able to help you get the specific parts you need to make it work for your bike ...... But I think that would be your best bet for doing it correctly without worrying about complications or frying something by doing it incorrectly
    2020 CRF450R
    2006 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho
  • yoshi450r

by yoshi450r » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:17 am

Thanks! I'll try to connect with Baja. If I cant get through I'll just order universal parts and hard wire it in to the harness that will be on my new stator (says there's a plug coming off the harness for lights and accessories). Its supposed to be ready to plug and play, but.....there's no model specific parts for me that I can find anywhere. I'm mechanical enough but for some reason electrical makes me scratch my head.
    JimDirt

by JimDirt » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:28 am

Yea , understandable , wiring is always a question of how much is too much and overloads the system , so you have to make sure that the wattage and amp draw is able to be handled without affecting another part of the system ...
    2020 CRF450R
    2006 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho
  • yoshi450r

by yoshi450r » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:25 am

got ya.... I think I'll be fine with upgraded stator and low amp lights. Time will tell