Will an 04 crf450r head pipe fit an 03 crf450r?
  • Celticpride86

Will an 04 crf450r head pipe fit an 03 crf450r?

by Celticpride86 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:59 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to find out if an 04 head pipe will fit my 03 crf450r. It has an slip on FMF powercore 4 with a stock head pipe that has a fem small holes in it. so I need a new head pipe. just dont know what years fit what. Thanks in advance.
    JimDirt

Re: Will an 04 crf450r head pipe fit an 03 crf450r?

by JimDirt » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:19 am

Welcome to the site !! \:D/

According to the Honda Parts Fiche (I had a 02) , the fitment would be 02-has a superseded part # so I can't say a 02 will fit or not , but 03-04-05 is the same part # ..... But , if shopping EBay , be careful of the off brand ones , they are plentiful , but fitment can be sketchy , some may fit , but be prepared for it not being close and having to return it , even though they say it fits , I think Quality Control on the off brands is lacking greatly , I got one for my 02 and it was way off in fitment , so try to locate a name brand aftermarket or OEM if at all possible ...

This was the difference from my OEM header to a knock off one that specifically said it fit a 02 , note the different angle where it goes into the head

Note the difference where the flange is in length

OEM Header flange size

Knock Off flange size

So try to stick to OEM or main stream aftermarket , but , I am not guaranteeing fitment , just going by what the Honda Parts Fiche shows as those 3 years having the same part # , so in theory they should interchange .............
    2020 CRF450R
    2006 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho