starting problems with 2009 crf 450
  • Back2-2

Re: starting problems with 2009 crf 450

by Back2-2 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:29 am

The red warning light is probably due to the lack of fuel pressure being built so the ECU is telling you that something is wrong. Get the O-ring and give it a try.
    Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Yes, $10 for an o-ring is crazy but that have you by the short hairs. :shock:
    Neil
    Black Hills of SD
    Life without Motorcycles would just be boring, really boring
    Honda 450X. Yamaha Tracer GT900. HD Fat Boy. Triumph Bonneville. Yamaha Majesty 400. Yamaha Grizzly. Yamaha Wolverine. Yamaha TW200
  • Asicor

by Asicor » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:37 am

Hello guys, just wanted to say that I replaced the seal kicked twice and....THE BIKE STARTED LIKE NOTHING HAD HAPPENED !!!!!!
    amazing what a little part like a seal can cause for troubles. If I can give you a tip, if you have such problems the best is to isolate the problem. someone told me to try and remove fuel pipe and kick. the fuel must come out with pressure and not just a little pressure...it must squirt quiet strongly. at that point I was able to concentrate on the fuel pump and look for a pressure loss somewhere.
    Anyway thanks a lot to all of you for your help, I will try to rebuild the bike soon enough to still ride a bit on snow this winter in switzerland :D
  • Aussiecrf230

by Aussiecrf230 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:46 pm

Great to hear you found the problem.
    Ray
    Australia

CRF230F 2004
    C30F Power Up needle
    Mains 132
    Idle 45
    2 turns out
    Baffle out, Screens In

It starts,it runs,it gets to where all CRFs can get to without the valve or valve plate dramas
    Reddis

by Reddis » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:43 am

hello
    i have problems to start my 2009 crf 450. I replaced the gas filter remount everything, connected all wires,... but now the bike doesn't start anymore. Has always started very well after 2 kicks. Now I have been kicking for more than 20minutes, the ignition works, but it's like the gas doesn't come to the engine. Hard to say if the gas pump starts or not because i have no battery so it only starts the moment i kick. I haven't tried yet to start it downhill just engaging a gear. Have you ever had similar problems or any idea about what could be wrong ? thank you a lot for your answers.
    I had a similiar issue, bike was hard to start. Pulled the fuel pump apart, cleaned the filter " I think i was missing the same seal you mentioned"

I tested the pump, it works, I went to the next part in the fuel line, the injector *The problem* it was partially clogged, cleaned it out now the bike starts 2nd kick, and no more power loss at high rev.

Hope this helps p.s the injector is a bit tricky to get at on the crf450r, make sure to clean your fuel line also.