Rider sag
  • Dave1503

Rider sag

by Dave1503 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:29 pm

I have new crf150l from factory I have 95mm sag 45 mm static I am older rider just adventure trails nothing to serious... should I bother to upgrade rear shock to ohlins or just go with it..
    JimDirt

Re: Rider sag

by JimDirt » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:49 pm

Welcome to the site !! \:D/

The static sag is ok , but , that is with the sag at 95 , I am guessing if you get the sag to 100mm , which is where you should be , you will be off .... what you want is to set the bike at 100mm , and see what it is at , if you have less than 25mm , then you need a stiffer spring , if it is more than 45mm then you need a softer spring ....... BUT , if doing the riding you are doing , and you are not jumping it off stuff , or carrying heavy loads (not sure what attachments you have like Panniers or anything) and you are not riding in the lower part of the stroke (again , this is kind of dependant on what you weigh along with any accessories) you might be able to get away with (if springs are not available) to add a preload washer to the fork springs and tighten the preload ring on the shock and just ride it .....

On the other hand , if you can afford Ohlins .... go for it , then it will be set up for your weight and riding requirements (don't forget to change the fork springs if you go that route so everything is balanced front to rear ..... ;)
    2020 CRF450R
    2006 CRF450X
    Weiser , Idaho