ENTERING DIGITAL PICS,,,HELP!
  • JS450X

ENTERING DIGITAL PICS,,,HELP!

by JS450X » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:19 am

I tried to enter a picture of my 450x however it keeps saying it won't load anything over 6 kb? My one picture shows 124kb! Do I need to minimize, cut down the pixels or what? If someone could give me a step by step I would appreciate it. :?
    06 CRF450X
    IMS 3.3 tank
    JD jet kit
    jet / air box mods
    Renthal 49 rear sprocket
    Twin-air filter
    Pro-circuit T-4 header/pipe
  • Asmith

by Asmith » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:05 am

Are you trying to make it your avatar?

Where are you trying to do this?
  • nedirtbikr

by nedirtbikr » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:03 am

Sounds like AS is right...you're trying to use it as an Avatar. It'll need to be pretty small for that and you may lose all useful quality trying to do it.

In MS Windows, you can use the "Paint" feature to resize (both visually and file size) your pictures. Open your picture with Paint and use the "Stretch/Skew" function. Use the % feature and resize your picture by 50%. This will give you an idea of what you can do. Continue working with it until you get it to what you want. Again, you may have some trouble keeping the quality if you go too small. Since this is a free app with Windows, you have to keep in mind that it's not necessarily going to get you what you need. Otherwise, you'll need to get something like PhotoShop. ~ appears to be an expert with that product.

Good Luck.
    2006 CRF450R (For Sale)
    A-47753 (Jumpin' dirt and clouds!)
    Proud member of the Hamster Nation!